Norwich graphic design students’s poster ‘wows’ degree show
Two students from Norwich University College of Arts (NUCA) were 'surprised' when their creative poster design was chosen to promote the university's 2011 BA degree show.
Alexandra Wylde, 23, and Rachel Price, 20, both from Norwich, are currently in their third year of the BA graphic design course at NUCA.
They were selected from a number of students to create the promotional campaign that will be used for the exhibition as well as online and offline advertising.
The poster shows the picture of fellow student Jamin Galea's face, in what is described as Jack Nicholson-esque arched brow.
Miss Wylde said: 'We would like to think that anyone visiting the degree show will be amazed by the work they see. This idea is that 'wow face' the expression you have when you see something that really impresses you. The idea works for the wide variety of work produced in NUCA, it represents all courses here.'
Miss Price said: 'We were shocked to win as we had fierce competition from our fellow graphic designers.
'It has been a good experience in preparing the poster for print and adjusting the layout for different magazine adverts. We hope it brings a lot of people to Norwich on June 22.'
- 1 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 4 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 5 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 6 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 7 Cabbies could protest over lost £400 a month
- 8 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 9 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 10 'Disgusting!' Woman's fury over Simply Red toilets and access
Their teacher, graphic design senior lecturer Lucy Blazey, added: 'We saw some contrasting ideas from the students and many were equally as good, but Alex and Rachel's design was particularly innovative.'
The degree show takes place at NUCA on June 22 to 28 and will be presenting the students' final degree work.
It is open to employers, art buyers, gallery owners and curators, agency representatives, VIPs, family, friends and the general public and proceedings will begin with a private view event on June 21, to help students to engage with visitors, sell their work and answer questions, inquiries and offers.
If you would like to attend call NUCA on 01603 610561 or visit www.nuca.ac.uk
Are you holding an exhibition? Contact Local Life editor David Freezer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772418.