Norwich gran vying for X Factor glory
Peter WalshA singing 70-year-old grandmother will next month have one last crack at trying to make it through to the televised rounds of the popular ITV1 talent show The X Factor.Peter Walsh
A singing 70-year-old grandmother will next month have one last crack at trying to make it through to the televised rounds of the popular ITV1 talent show The X Factor.
Patzi Gooch, from Watling Road, Heartsease, has had several attempts to make it through to the later rounds of the competition, but is yet to come face to face with Simon Cowell.
But Mrs Gooch, who only started singing when she was 52, will be heading to London, with her grandson Matthew Witham, who will also be auditioning, on May 1 to try to get through.
As previously reported, Mrs Gooch said that, realistically, this year will be her last crack at the popular singing competition, although she admitted that she has had a lot of fun trying.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'I went for Britain's Got Talent in 2007 and 2008 and didn't get very far, but I always enjoy the day and meet nice people.
'I don't think I will try any more if I don't have any success in the X Factor, but it's been a wonderful few years and I don't regret having a go.'
- 1 All the major 2021 Norwich events scheduled to go ahead
- 2 Award-winning Norfolk school appoints new headteacher
- 3 Not so fast Thomas. Farke dismisses Brentford boss claims after 1-0 City win
- 4 Road closure warning for £940,000 traffic shake-up in Norwich
- 5 Craig David announces 2021 outdoor concert in Norwich
- 6 Teenager jailed for sexual offences in Norwich
- 7 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Mum tells how condition has made son, 10, throw himself down stairs
- 9 'Size doesn't matter': Three pals get go-ahead for city micropub
- 10 Norwich City fan recovering after 52-day Covid hospital battle
To find out more about Patzi Gooch log onto her website www.patzigooch.co.uk
Are you making a bid for fame and fortune? Call reporter Peter Walsh on 01603 772436 or email firstname.lastname@example.org