Norwich GP’s praised for “You’re Welcome” standards
A GP Practice in Norwich has achieved national recognition for making healthcare young-people friendly.
The Wensum Valley Medical Practice, is one of only six NHS services in the East of England and one of three in Norfolk to be officially recognised as meeting the national 'You're Welcome' standards. The 'You're Welcome' initiative lays out principles that help health services, both in the community and in hospitals, to 'get it right'.
Dr Emmanuel Ighomereho, on behalf of the Wensum Valley Project Team said: 'We want our young patients to know they can approach us with confidence in the knowledge that we provide the right health care in the way they want.'
Sally Child, project manager for Women and Children's Services at NHS Norfolk, said: 'All young people are entitled to receive appropriate health care wherever they access it. Both GP practices and the GUM Clinic are rightly proud of this accreditation, they have worked very hard indeed over very many months to ensure they make young patients feel able to access healthcare.'
The other two services to win 'You're Welcome' accreditation are the Fakenham Medical Centre and the Genito-Urinary Medicine (sexual health) clinic at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn.
You may also want to watch:
The picture shows nurses at Wensum Valley Medical Practice: Rosie Durant, Young People's Champion (seated) and, left to right, Helen Coyte-McKenzie, Tracy Williams and Gabrielle Rimbaut.
- 1 Norwich firm fined £1m over explosion which killed much-loved father
- 2 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 3 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 4 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 5 Man appears in court over Thorpe St Andrew murder
- 6 Eyesore tags or street art? Artists on graffiti 'tagging' trend
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 'No amount of money will be enough': Explosion widow on £1m chemical fine
- 9 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
- 10 ‘Now is NOT the time’: Bosses’ backlash over congestion charge idea