Norwich Golden Triangle pub becomes 'gastro venue'
David BaleA popular pub in the Golden Triangle is shut for refurbishment and is due to reopen with a new name as a gastro venue late in May.David Bale
A popular pub in the Golden Triangle is shut for refurbishment and is due to reopen with a new name as a gastro venue late in May.
Sarah Jane Roberts, who runs The Rose Valley Tavern in Unthank Road, said: 'The refurbishment will take about four to six weeks, and we hope to reopen it by the second bank holiday in May.
'We decided to redevelop the site to give it some tender loving care and a new lease of life. We are also looking to rebrand it and there are two possible new names we're considering.'
Ms Roberts' business portfolio also consists of Beluga eaterie and bar in Upper King Street, Norwich, The Langtry pub and the Langtry Rooms hotel, both in Unthank Road, and The Buck Inn in Yarmouth Road, Thorpe St Andrew.
You may also want to watch:
The Rose Valley Tavern dates back to the mid-1800s when the surrounding land was all orchards. In 1874 it was extended to the size it remains today. Previously owned by Lacons, it was acquired by Adnams in the early 1900s.
The Evening News' Love Your Local Campaign aims to get punters back into pubs or risk them losing for good.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
For more stories about the campaign see page 51 today and visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal.