Norwich Golden Triangle pub becomes 'gastro venue'
David BaleA popular pub in the Golden Triangle is shut for refurbishment and is due to reopen with a new name as a gastro venue late in May.David Bale
A popular pub in the Golden Triangle is shut for refurbishment and is due to reopen with a new name as a gastro venue late in May.
Sarah Jane Roberts, who runs The Rose Valley Tavern in Unthank Road, said: 'The refurbishment will take about four to six weeks, and we hope to reopen it by the second bank holiday in May.
'We decided to redevelop the site to give it some tender loving care and a new lease of life. We are also looking to rebrand it and there are two possible new names we're considering.'
Ms Roberts' business portfolio also consists of Beluga eaterie and bar in Upper King Street, Norwich, The Langtry pub and the Langtry Rooms hotel, both in Unthank Road, and The Buck Inn in Yarmouth Road, Thorpe St Andrew.
The Rose Valley Tavern dates back to the mid-1800s when the surrounding land was all orchards. In 1874 it was extended to the size it remains today. Previously owned by Lacons, it was acquired by Adnams in the early 1900s.
The Evening News' Love Your Local Campaign aims to get punters back into pubs or risk them losing for good.
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 3 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 4 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 5 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 6 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 7 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 8 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 9 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 10 'I went to hospital with dental pain - it turns out I had cancer'
For more stories about the campaign see page 51 today and visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/loveyourlocal.