Norwich goes glam this Christmas
Drape yourself in diamonds and fur if you want to look on-trend this party season, says Emma Harrowing.
Sparkling with diamonds (or diamantes or sequins) and looking decadent with fur (faux fur of course) is the way to style your party outfit this season, as accessories go glam for winter.
Faux fur collars that you can attach to your coat, dress or blouse are a big hit this year and are the perfect way for you to update your party outfit for Christmas 2011. Norwich designers Sugar and Hatter have recently introduced a black and a white faux fur collar to their collection and many high street shops have their own versions in different colours and with different attachments.
Of course nothing beats covering up with a faux fur jacket or coat and this season there are many different shapes and colours to choose from – have you seen the purple faux fur coat at Wallis?
If you want to add a little bit of faux fur into your look, but you don't want to go the whole hog with a coat or collar, how about wearing a faux fur headband or faux fur gloves or shoes.
You may also want to watch:
To inject high-end glamour into your festive look sparkly diamonds are the way to go. Just wearing a pair of diamond earrings or a necklace will be the icing on the cake for your party look.
If you cannot afford real diamonds go for diamantes, and wear them in jewellery, around your waist on a belt, on your shoes and on your bag. Or take inspiration from style icon Audrey Hepburn and wear a diamond necklace with your tried and trusted little black dress. It's a classic look that oozes glamorous style.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 6 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 7 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
Check out the Life Matters guide to making your party outfit ooze glamour by taking a look at our top diamond and faux fur best buys. Click on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.