Norwich goes crazy for candy stripes
- Credit: Archant
Be a candy girl as stripes are set to be a trend from now until Summer, says Emma Harrowing.
Every Spring the nautical look in all its navy and white striped glory predictably filters into the shops. It's a classic look and one that features in many collections, so much so that the Breton stripe top is a must-have item for any wardrobe.
This year however there is a changing wind when it comes to the traditional nautical style, not only are stripes on the fashion radar now the linear pattern has a new look
Trusty old navy and white is joined by acid brights and pastel stripes and old faithful medium stripes are making way for the next generation of wide or thin stripes. This new stripy look is all about creating more of an edge to the old classic; think pink and white candy striped ankle grazing trousers teamed with a slouchy or tailored peplum style acid bright stripe top.
The look is enough to make old navy and white move with the times. Blues become softer, or navy is revamped in a thin stripe and worn on the top and bottom, or stripes are teamed with navy and white colour blocking to create a more futuristic look.
You may also want to watch:
Get the look by wearing your navy and white stripe top with a pair of dark blue jeans and layering on a white and navy block pattern jacket (River Island has a great one in its Spring collection pictured on this page).
It's time to forget about the classic nautical look, for a while at least, and reinvent the stripy look for the new year.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 3 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 4 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 5 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 6 Police cordon remains in place after serious sex assault in Norwich
- 7 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 8 IKEA: What went wrong?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner