10 things not to miss at this year’s Norwich Food and Drink Festival
- Credit: Archant
It's nearly time for the annual free Norwich Food and Drink Festival, sponsored by Norwich solicitors Cozens-Hardy. For something different to treat dad with on Father's Day, head to The Forum on Sunday from 10am-5pm, where the city will be transformed into a celebration of the region's food and drink.
1. Norfolk's newest gin will be launching. Samples of WhataHoot will be given away throughout the day
2. Marvellous Machinery, Ben Burgess invites you to get up close and personal with some of the latest state-of-the-art tractor
3. Cookery Demonstration Theatre, featuring some of the county's best loved chefs including Kate Barmby, former Great British Bake Off Contestant
4.The Producers Street Market sponsored by Lovewell Blake, with more than 40 local food and drink producers to tickle the taste buds
5.Foodie Fun Zone, promising fun foodie activities for younger visitors with activities from Orchard Toys and The British Science Association
6. Splat the Dad what better way to celebrate Father's Day that to throw a soggy sponge at dad!
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 6 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 7 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 8 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 9 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
7. Street Food Market offering a range of hot and cold, sweet and savoury dishes to suit all tastes
8. Battle of the Bangers promises sizzling fun by pitting sausage makers from across Norfolk against each other, in the last such competition ever, so don't miss it!
9. The Adnams Pop Up Festival Bar, which this year features Norfolk Raider Cider and coffee from the team at Green Farm
10. Live music and a hog roast with violinist Alison Sparrow and band Headrush