Norwich followers of fashion get knitted this winter
Knitwear is big, bold and brash this year so wrap up warm in a cable knits, animal prints and dots if you want to look stylish this winter. By Emma Harrowing.
There was a little cheer from the Life Matters team this week when the weather started to turn a little cooler. It's not that we like feeling the cold, but the cooler weather means that we can wrap up and look cool in this year's take on the knitted jumper.
Polka dots, cable knits, jumpers with animals on and stripes are the top trends in knitwear this season, along with those patterned granny knits from last winter which are still high in the fashion charts.
And this year knits have morphed into skirts as head-to-toe knitwear takes the look to the extreme.
In fact our fashion spies tell us that the jumper has over taken last year's must-have cardigan as the knitwear cover up of choice.
You may also want to watch:
Choose from cropped styles, capes and the coatagan (is it a coat, is it a cardigan?) and long line looks and layer over a vest top and jeans, throw over a dress with woolly tights and leather boots, or layer up with this season's must-have mac or parka.
For a glam look wear knits with faux fur or reveal your tough side by layering with leather.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 5 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 New pop-up dried flower store opens in Norwich
For men two knitted looks reign supreme – the smart/casual roll-neck jumper with trousers or jeans and a blazer or a chunky striped number worn with jeans or chinos. So '90s.
As for those knitted midi skirts, the jury is still out as to how well these knitted beauties will hold their shape when worn – no one wants knee imprints halfway up their skirt or a svelte skirt that's baggy.
See the Life Matters guide to some of the best knitwear around by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right hand side of this page.