Norwich followers of fashion get knitted this winter
Knitwear is big, bold and brash this year so wrap up warm in a cable knits, animal prints and dots if you want to look stylish this winter. By Emma Harrowing.
There was a little cheer from the Life Matters team this week when the weather started to turn a little cooler. It's not that we like feeling the cold, but the cooler weather means that we can wrap up and look cool in this year's take on the knitted jumper.
Polka dots, cable knits, jumpers with animals on and stripes are the top trends in knitwear this season, along with those patterned granny knits from last winter which are still high in the fashion charts.
And this year knits have morphed into skirts as head-to-toe knitwear takes the look to the extreme.
In fact our fashion spies tell us that the jumper has over taken last year's must-have cardigan as the knitwear cover up of choice.
Choose from cropped styles, capes and the coatagan (is it a coat, is it a cardigan?) and long line looks and layer over a vest top and jeans, throw over a dress with woolly tights and leather boots, or layer up with this season's must-have mac or parka.
For a glam look wear knits with faux fur or reveal your tough side by layering with leather.
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 3 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 4 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 5 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 6 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 7 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 8 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 9 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 10 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
For men two knitted looks reign supreme – the smart/casual roll-neck jumper with trousers or jeans and a blazer or a chunky striped number worn with jeans or chinos. So '90s.
As for those knitted midi skirts, the jury is still out as to how well these knitted beauties will hold their shape when worn – no one wants knee imprints halfway up their skirt or a svelte skirt that's baggy.
See the Life Matters guide to some of the best knitwear around by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right hand side of this page.