Three Norwich fish and chips shops win national award
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Three fish and chips shops in Norwich have been named Good Food Award 2020 winners.
The annual accolades are given out to businesses that have "demonstrated exceptional levels of food quality, service and value when compared to industry benchmarks in their category."
Orford Plaice in the city centre, Chish and Fips in Angel Road and Boundary Fish Bar in Aylsham Road have all been recognised in the latest awards for their quality over the past 12 months.
The Good Food Awards For Fish and Chips are by invitation only and judged "by a strict policy scorecard" and the evaluation of customer feedback.
Repeat winners have to maintain the initial standards that gained them entry.
You may also want to watch:
One other Norfolk fish and chips shop, My Plaice Fish and Chips in Gorleston, was also given a Good Food Award 2020.
There are also Good Food Award categories for hotels, takeaways and gastropubs.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 10 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef