Bus passengers to face city centre diversions due to ‘safety concerns’
- Credit: Edward Starr Photographer
Bus passengers travelling in Norwich city centre face diversions due to 'safety concerns' and roadworks.
First Bus have said two routes are affected by the changes.
Blue Line 26/26A buses will be diverted via Unthank Road on Saturday, August 10, and Sunday, August 11.
The company said: "[This is] due to the closure of Earlham Road for various road works.
"Stops on Earlham Road and those on Colman Road between the Avenues and Earlham Road will not be served."
Diversions have also been in place at Canaryfields, in Norwich, since May, due to building and roadworks.
First Bus said: "Blue Line 26/26A buses will not be calling at Canaryfields behind Norwich City football ground on safety grounds until further notice.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 8 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 9 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
"The nearest stops are outside the Leisure Centre in Wherry Road or opposite Morrisons on Albion Way."
First apologised to bus users for the inconvenience.