Norwich film fans can vote for outdoor city movie
Peter WalshFilm fans from Norwich have still got the chance to choose which one of three classic films will be shown in a special outdoor screening under the stars.Peter Walsh
Film fans from Norwich have still got the chance to choose which one of three classic films will be shown in a special outdoor screening under the stars.
Ghost, The Breakfast Club and The Blues Brothers are the films being offered for this year's event at Castle Green, part of the annual Lord Mayor's celebration, and a poll is being carried out on Norwich City Council's website www.norwich.gov.uk.
The online vote will close at noon on Thursday, April 1 and the winning film will be screened at 10pm on Friday, July 9.
All three films helped define the 1980s and early 1990s and are celebrating anniversaries in 2010. Ghost, which stars the late Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore, was released in 1990 and celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, while The Breakfast Club is marking its 25th anniversary and stars Molly Ringwald, Ally Sheedy, Emilio Estevez, Judd Nelson and Anthony Michael Hall.
You may also want to watch:
And the The Blues Brothers, starring John Belushi as Jake Blues and Dan Aykroyd as his brother Elwood, is 30 years old this year.
Tickets will go on sale from April, priced �5, and are available from Vue Cinema at The Mall in Norwich or at www.myvue.com
- 1 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 2 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 3 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 4 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 5 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 6 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 7 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Why The Sunday Times named Norwich one of the best places to live in 2021
- 10 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen