Norwich fashionistas join the tribe
Stand out from the fashion tribe as ethnic prints bring out the animal instinct in you. By EMMA HARROWING.
Every spring tribal prints make an appearance on the high street and this year is no exception. Tribal, animal and Aztec patterns are awash over everything from tops and trousers to bags and bangles. So anyone can go tribal this season.
There are a few ways you can wear this trend. Go traditional with earthy natural colours such as brown, burnt orange, deep reds and khaki or combine two trends in one by opting for brighter hues.
For those that love print, invest in a tribal print maxi dress and wear with a pair of flats if you are tall or a small wedge heel if you are short. Layer with this season's must-have denim jacket or throw on a summer knit for a take on 1990s grunge.
Wearing head-to-toe pattern can seem daunting to some, but the maxi dress is the easiest way to wear this look. If you are petite look for smaller prints as large bold patterns will swamp you and do the opposite if you have a large frame. Big bold prints can make you look slimmer.
There are many different maxi dresses available from independent and chains on the high street. Tribal Riders on Westlegate has a dress that combines this spring and summer's pastel and tribal trends if you like getting more for your money.
If you are top heavy, wear ethnic prints on skirts or trousers. Printed leggings, harem pants and pyjama pants are all the rage at the moment and they look great with a slouchy T-shirt in a neutral plain colour. Those brave enough could try clashing patterns with a ethnic print top or jacket, but make sure that your top and bottom has some coherency by sticking to similar colours.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 6 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 7 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 8 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 9 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
Similarly if you are bigger on your bottom keep prints on your top half with an ethnic print tunic. Wear over jeans or plain trousers to balance out your look.
Still scared of joining the print tribe? Look out for Aztec print necklaces, wooden bangles, snake skin bags or beaded sandals to give your look the mark of the fashion tribe.
Take a look at our pick of some of the best tribal prints in the shops by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.