Norwich Fashion Week show tickets go on sale at The Forum
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are on sale for the catwalk show that launches a week of fashion in Norwich.
Tickets are on sale for the Norwich Fashion Week IonfashIon show which kicks starts a week of fashion in Norwich.
The show takes place at The Forum on Thursday March 7 in the main atrium with sets from Norwich retailers including Jarrold, Vanilla, Walkers, Nola, Ginger, Jonathan Trumbull, Hatters, Claxtons, Ethika, Aurum, Pure, Love Couture, The Clothes Box, The Somerset by Alice Temperley Collection at John Lewis and Designers at Debenhams.
Norwich stylist and IonfashIon producer Louise Lace says that people can expect to see exciting new collections from retailers in the city.
'From hidden gem designers to Norwich's finest independent shops there will be a fashion look to suit anyone on the catwalk this year,' says Ms Lace.
You may also want to watch:
'Style is evolving and this year there is a move towards sophisticated, grown up clothes in rich jewel tones and with sultry touches. Then on the other hand there is a increase in anti-fashion as the spirit of punk is alive and kicking for 2013. Street fashion is definitely having its moment.
Running up to the opening show at Norwich Fashion Week is a Street Style photography exhibition by students from City College Norwich. Photography students have been out and about in the city taking pictures of the most stylish people, the results of which can be seen at The Forum from March 2 to March 6. The exhibition will also be at the Skin II: On the Street event taking place at Norwich Castle on March 9 as part of Norwich Fashion Week.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 4 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 5 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 6 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 7 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 8 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 10 New bus and cycle lane opens after traffic disruption into city
Jon Clark photographer course leader at City College Norwich believes that student involvement in projects such as Norwich Fashion Week gives the students a taste of work outside of the educational environment.
Mr Clark says: 'Working with Norwich Fashion Week gives our students the experience of working for a real client. They can practice their skills and learn to photograph models both on and off the catwalk and take part in their very own Street Style photography project. This helps train and stretch the students as photographers.
'The students and staff are proud to be involved with Norwich Fashion Week for the third year running and we hope to be part of the festival's future as it gives so many different opportunities for student involvement.'
Tickets for the IonfashIon show at The Forum are £12 from The Forum Shop.
Have you been spotted by the Street Style camera? You can take a look at some of the Street Style photography taken by students from City College Norwich by clicking on the link on the Norwich Fashion Week homepage.