Norwich Fashion Week marks the fifth birthday of Norwich Lanes
The city's independent shopping quarter celebrates Norwich Lanes' fifth birthday celebrations at Norwich Fashion Week.
Norwich Lanes celebrated its fifth birthday at Norwich Fashion Week with a cake made and presented to the city's independent shopping quarter by The Assembly House pastry chef Julia Hetherton.
Five candles on the large Victoria sponge cake marked the five successful years of the Norwich Lanes association which supports independent shops and businesses in the city's historic quarter.
'It was a delight to make a cake to mark the fifth birthday of Norwich Lanes,' says Julia Hetherton. 'It's great to see so many independent shops and businesses in the city. These businesses make the city a wonderful place to shop, eat and drink.'
You may also want to watch:
The celebrations took place at The Birdcage on Pottergate where the cake was cut by Jayne Raffles, owner of independent restaurants The Library Restaurant and Grill, Raffles and Pulse, in front of many retailers from Norwich Lanes.
Get the full story in today's (Saturday February 19) Norwich Evening News.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station