Norwich Fashion Week marks the fifth birthday of Norwich Lanes
The city's independent shopping quarter celebrates Norwich Lanes' fifth birthday celebrations at Norwich Fashion Week.
Norwich Lanes celebrated its fifth birthday at Norwich Fashion Week with a cake made and presented to the city's independent shopping quarter by The Assembly House pastry chef Julia Hetherton.
Five candles on the large Victoria sponge cake marked the five successful years of the Norwich Lanes association which supports independent shops and businesses in the city's historic quarter.
'It was a delight to make a cake to mark the fifth birthday of Norwich Lanes,' says Julia Hetherton. 'It's great to see so many independent shops and businesses in the city. These businesses make the city a wonderful place to shop, eat and drink.'
You may also want to watch:
The celebrations took place at The Birdcage on Pottergate where the cake was cut by Jayne Raffles, owner of independent restaurants The Library Restaurant and Grill, Raffles and Pulse, in front of many retailers from Norwich Lanes.
Get the full story in today's (Saturday February 19) Norwich Evening News.
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 6 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 7 Military begin coronavirus support at hospital
- 8 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 9 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 10 'Look twice' - Biker's plea after breaking both legs in head-on crash