Norwich Fashion Week marks the fifth birthday of Norwich Lanes
The city's independent shopping quarter celebrates Norwich Lanes' fifth birthday celebrations at Norwich Fashion Week.
Norwich Lanes celebrated its fifth birthday at Norwich Fashion Week with a cake made and presented to the city's independent shopping quarter by The Assembly House pastry chef Julia Hetherton.
Five candles on the large Victoria sponge cake marked the five successful years of the Norwich Lanes association which supports independent shops and businesses in the city's historic quarter.
'It was a delight to make a cake to mark the fifth birthday of Norwich Lanes,' says Julia Hetherton. 'It's great to see so many independent shops and businesses in the city. These businesses make the city a wonderful place to shop, eat and drink.'
You may also want to watch:
The celebrations took place at The Birdcage on Pottergate where the cake was cut by Jayne Raffles, owner of independent restaurants The Library Restaurant and Grill, Raffles and Pulse, in front of many retailers from Norwich Lanes.
Get the full story in today's (Saturday February 19) Norwich Evening News.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 What next for The Birdcage in Norwich?
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 7 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 8 Norwich bar named among 30 best cocktail spots in UK
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery