Norwich Fashion Week launches to spectacular display
The third Norwich Fashion Week got off to a flying start last night at The Forum.
Norwich Fashion Week 2012 opened with a spectacular catwalk show at Fusion in The Forum last night.
The Independent Retailers show highlighted the latest collections from local fashion shops in front of over 300 guests to launch a week-long celebration of independent fashion in the city.
Hosted by Anglia news presenter Becky Jago, a high energy dance routine from the Knightshift Dance Company in Norwich kicked off the show, before models took to the catwalk led by a stylish set from Vanilla.
The show, choreographed by Stephen Knights and Vanilla stylist Louise Lace, included sets from womenswear boutiques Jarrold, Nola, Pure, Walkers of Pottergate, Love Couture, Ginger and City College Norwich shop ego.
You may also want to watch:
Menswear was from Hatters, Jonathan Trumbull, Jarrold and new Norwich shop Claxtons.
Dipple and Conway showcased its latest eyewear collection.
- 1 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Bars and clubs see busy night as police up patrols
- 4 Neighbours celebrate Norfolk Day bar win with street party
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
'The show proved how Norwich can compete with other nationally recognised fashion weeks,' says Ms Lace. 'It's great to be part of the launch night catwalk show as it has really proved how small independent retailers can work together to bring some unique fashions to Norwich.
'There are many more fashion shows and events taking place throughout the week from vintage and designer shows to the designer fashion auction - there is something for everyone.'
The winners of the Face of Norwich Fashion Week 2012 competition was announced at the show with Molly McGeakin and Matthew Fleming, both from Norwich, taking this year's crown.
Both are part of the Norwich Fashion Week modelling team who underwent a gruelling schedule of castings and rehearsals over the past month in order to make it to the catwalk. The pair beat over 30 other hopefuls to win the award.
Read the review of the Independent Retailers Show and see some of the pictures in today's (Friday March 9) Evening News.
A photo gallery of all the highlights from the show will be online later today.
Click on the link at the top right of this page to go to the Norwich Fashion Week coverage online.