Norwich Fashion Week is coming to the city
Norwich Fashion Week (NFW) is coming to the city and it's an event not to be missed if you love fashion.
Run in conjunction with your Life Matters and Norwich Evening News, fashion retailer Vanilla, hair salon The Gallery and The Library restaurant, the week long event will celebrate independent fashion in the city and give you access to the new SS11 collections from the independent fashion and beauty retailers and up-and-coming designers.
The event kicks off with the Vanilla launch party catwalk show at The Library Restaurant on Thursday February 17 at 7.30pm. The show features local designers such as Marilyn Thomas, Ellie Mead and Dilate Clothing, and independent retailers Vanilla, Elements, Poppy Valentine and Prim.
Other events include a vintage tea party, 50s fashion and vintage events, flash sales, pop up shop, fashion workshops, make your own jewellery workshops, hair a makeup workshops, a trend presentation lunch and a fashion photography exhibition by local up-and-coming photographer Charlotte Rutherford.
Students from City College Norwich will be screening footage of their Platform fashion show at Fusion in The Forum throughout the week. Hair and beauty students will also help behind the scenes at the catwalk show.
You may also want to watch:
The NFW finale will be a 70s style after show party at Franks Bar on Thursday February 24.
Anita Taubman, owner of independent fashion retailer Vanilla, one of the sponsors of NFW. Says Anita: 'Norwich Fashion Week has created a fantastic buzz around the fashion scene in Norwich.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 4 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
'It has brought together small independent retailers and local designers, as well as strengthening the link between business and education with the involvement of students from City College Norwich and the Retail Skills Academy.
'The launch night catwalk show will showcase independent fashion in Norwich and Vanilla is excited to be a part of that.
'It's a fabulous opportunity to celebrate the independent fashion scene in Norwich.'
NFW runs from February 17 until February 24 2011 at venues across the city.
Keep reading the Life Matters pages over the next month for full details and how you can get tickets to some or all of the events. Or follow NFW on the Life Matters Facebook page or Twitter at @NorwichCulture.