Norwich Fashion Week is coming
Norwich Fashion Week is coming to our city and it promises to be a an event not to be missed.
Norwich Fashion Week (NFW) is coming to the city and it's an event not to be missed if you love fashion.
Run in conjunction with your Life Matters and Norwich Evening News, fashion retailer Vanilla, hair salon The Gallery and The Library restaurant, the week long event will celebrate independent fashion in the city and give you access to the new SS11 collections from the independent fashion and beauty retailers and up and coming designers.
The event kicks off with the Vanilla launch party catwalk show at The Library Restaurant on Thursday February 17 at 7.30pm. The show features local designers such as Marilyn Thomas, Ellie Mead and Dilate Clothing, and independent retailers Vanilla, Elements, Poppy Valentine and Prim.
You may also want to watch:
Other events include a vintage tea party, 50s fashion and vintage events, flash sales, pop up shop, fashion workshops, make your own jewellery workshops, hair a makeup workshops, a trend presentation lunch and a fashion photography exhibition by local up-and-coming photographer Charlotte Rutherford.
Students from City College Norwich will be screening footage of their Platform fashion show at Fusion in The Forum throughout the week. Hair and beauty students will also help behind the scenes at the catwalk show.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 4 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 5 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
The NFW finale will be a 70s style after show party at Franks Bar on Thursday February 24.
Anita Vadhir, owner of independent fashion retailer Vanilla is one of the sponsors of NFW. Says Anita: 'Norwich Fashion Week has created a fantastic buzz around the fashion scene in Norwich.
'It has brought together small independent retailers and local designers, as well as strengthening the link between business and education with the involvement of students from City College Norwich and the Retail Skills Academy.
'The launch night catwalk show will showcase independent fashion in Norwich and Vanilla is excited to be a part of that.
'It's a fabulous opportunity to celebrate the independent fashion scene in Norwich.'
NFW runs from February 17 until February 24 2011 at venues across the city.
Keep reading the Life Matters pages over the next month for full details and how you can get tickets to some or all of the events. Or follow us on the Life Matters Facebook page or Twitter at @NorwichCulture.