Norwich Fashion Week is coming
Norwich Fashion Week is coming to our city and it promises to be a an event not to be missed.
Norwich Fashion Week (NFW) is coming to the city and it's an event not to be missed if you love fashion.
Run in conjunction with your Life Matters and Norwich Evening News, fashion retailer Vanilla, hair salon The Gallery and The Library restaurant, the week long event will celebrate independent fashion in the city and give you access to the new SS11 collections from the independent fashion and beauty retailers and up and coming designers.
The event kicks off with the Vanilla launch party catwalk show at The Library Restaurant on Thursday February 17 at 7.30pm. The show features local designers such as Marilyn Thomas, Ellie Mead and Dilate Clothing, and independent retailers Vanilla, Elements, Poppy Valentine and Prim.
You may also want to watch:
Other events include a vintage tea party, 50s fashion and vintage events, flash sales, pop up shop, fashion workshops, make your own jewellery workshops, hair a makeup workshops, a trend presentation lunch and a fashion photography exhibition by local up-and-coming photographer Charlotte Rutherford.
Students from City College Norwich will be screening footage of their Platform fashion show at Fusion in The Forum throughout the week. Hair and beauty students will also help behind the scenes at the catwalk show.
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 3 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 4 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 5 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 6 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 7 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 8 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 9 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 10 Pair led to safety after 'taking refuge' in fire-hit house
The NFW finale will be a 70s style after show party at Franks Bar on Thursday February 24.
Anita Vadhir, owner of independent fashion retailer Vanilla is one of the sponsors of NFW. Says Anita: 'Norwich Fashion Week has created a fantastic buzz around the fashion scene in Norwich.
'It has brought together small independent retailers and local designers, as well as strengthening the link between business and education with the involvement of students from City College Norwich and the Retail Skills Academy.
'The launch night catwalk show will showcase independent fashion in Norwich and Vanilla is excited to be a part of that.
'It's a fabulous opportunity to celebrate the independent fashion scene in Norwich.'
NFW runs from February 17 until February 24 2011 at venues across the city.
Keep reading the Life Matters pages over the next month for full details and how you can get tickets to some or all of the events. Or follow us on the Life Matters Facebook page or Twitter at @NorwichCulture.