Norwich Fashion Week hunts for the best dressed window
The city's Retail Skills Academy launches a competition for retailers for Norwich Fashion Week
Shop windows across the city could soon be given a revamp thanks to the Retail Skills Academy.
The academy that helps students and independent retailers improve their business and customer services skills has launched a competition to find the best dressed window display in the city.
The competition is run in conjunction with Norwich Fashion Week, which runs from Thursday February 17 until Thursday February 24.
Head of the Retail Skills Academy Sue Dougal says: 'The window display competition is open to all retailers in the city. The idea is for the retailer to work with a student from the Retail Skills Academy to create a window display befitting of Norwich Fashion Week.
'The retailer with the winning display will win a scholarship to one of Mary Portas' Master Classes and your store will be featured in the Norwich Evening News.'
- 1 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 2 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 3 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 4 Hidden city garden opening with live music and plant sale
- 5 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 6 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 7 Reunion for workers from the historic city factory still going strong
- 8 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 9 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 10 'Killer weeds infesting river are threat to life', warns boat boss
Award-winning Norwich artists Susan Gunn will judge the finalists.
Retailers wishing to enter should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, name of store and contact details. Judging will take place on February 10 and 11. The winner will be announced at the Norwich Fashion Week launch party catwalk show at The Library Restaurant on Thursday February 17.
Keep reading the Life Matters pages over the next month for full details and how you can get tickets to some or all of the events. Or follow us on the Life Matters Facebook page www.facebook.com/norwich.life or Twitter at @NorwichCulture