Norwich Fashion Week hunts for the best dressed window
The city's Retail Skills Academy launches a competition for retailers for Norwich Fashion Week
Shop windows across the city could soon be given a revamp thanks to the Retail Skills Academy.
The academy that helps students and independent retailers improve their business and customer services skills has launched a competition to find the best dressed window display in the city.
The competition is run in conjunction with Norwich Fashion Week, which runs from Thursday February 17 until Thursday February 24.
Head of the Retail Skills Academy Sue Dougal says: 'The window display competition is open to all retailers in the city. The idea is for the retailer to work with a student from the Retail Skills Academy to create a window display befitting of Norwich Fashion Week.
'The retailer with the winning display will win a scholarship to one of Mary Portas' Master Classes and your store will be featured in the Norwich Evening News.'
- 1 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 2 Man refusing to pay rent for council flat over 16-year mould problem
- 3 Mum has foot run over in incident with foul-mouthed driver
- 4 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 5 Norwich's tiniest pub completes facelift
- 6 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use
- 7 Bottomless brunch with 90s act, fried chicken and cocktails heading to city
- 8 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 9 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 10 Five street food vendors doing residencies in Norwich pubs
Award-winning Norwich artists Susan Gunn will judge the finalists.
Retailers wishing to enter should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, name of store and contact details. Judging will take place on February 10 and 11. The winner will be announced at the Norwich Fashion Week launch party catwalk show at The Library Restaurant on Thursday February 17.
Keep reading the Life Matters pages over the next month for full details and how you can get tickets to some or all of the events. Or follow us on the Life Matters Facebook page www.facebook.com/norwich.life or Twitter at @NorwichCulture