Norwich Fashion Week announces provisional programme for 2012
Get ready for a week of fashion as independent retailers, Norfolk designers and businesses in Norwich start to announce must-see shows and events at Norwich Fashion Week 2012.
Thursday March 8
Norwich Fashion Week launch: Independent Retailers Show.
At: Fusion at The Forum.
Times: Preview show for friends, family, NFW guests and press 6pm. Tickets �6.
Main show 7.30pm for 8pm start. Tickets �12 includes drink on arrival.
- 1 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 2 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery
- 3 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 4 'I was a bit gutted' - What change of crest means for Norwich City tattoo fans
- 5 Couple's horror at 'mindless vandalism' as Christmas lights torn down
- 6 Man who founded Norwich vet hospital retiring after 33 years
- 7 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 8 5 of the best heated pub gardens in Norwich
- 9 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 10 Charity worker risks losing THOUSANDS due to ongoing moving delays
Tickets available soon.
Friday March 9
Norwich Lanes Fashion Night Out
At: Norwich Lanes
Time: 6pm until 9pm
Co-ordinated schedule of events and shows in Norwich Lanes including fashion shows, art exhibitions and shopping. Made in Norwich fashion market at St Gregory's Church and special goody bags available with purchases.
Saturday March 10
Sunday March 11
Dress like a Queen vintage day.
At: The Library Restaurant on Guildhall Hill in conjunction with Blue Skies Vintage Events and sponsored by Moutard champagne.
Time: 11am until 4pm
Tickets: �10 which includes a goody bag and a glass of champagne on arrival. Tickets available soon from The Library Restaurant.
Vintage fashion shows, vintage fair, makeup demonstrations by Benefit London, hair demonstrations by Hooloovoo. Brunch and tea menu.
Monday March 12
Tuesday March 13
The Designers Show
At: Project Nightclub
Tickets: �10 adults and �5 under 18s. Tickets available soon.
Featuring up and coming designers from City College Norwich and Norfolk designers.
Confirmed exhibitors: Cocoon, Poppy Valentine, Marilyn Thomas, Peggy's Collection, Monkey Mash, Jane Kenning, Alice Bodgener and Marian Eve Williams.
Wednesday March 14
Cinema City and Vintage Norwich presents...Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.
At: Cinema City
Time: Film starts at 8.30pm
Tickets: �8.50 or �6.50 for Cinema City members and concessions. ON SALE NOW call 08719025724 or visit www.picturehouses.co.uk
Dress to impress in black tie and diamonds for this celebrated musical comedy, starring Marilyn's Monroe's archetypal dumb blonde and Jane Russell's showgirl - decamping for Paris to ensnare rich husbands, with a classic soundtrack including 'Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend'
Enjoy a glamourous glass of fizz, browse our 50s memorabilia and enjoy our vintage tunes.
Exclusive Vintage Norwich goodie bag and Cinema City Membership for the best dressed visitor.
Thursday March 15
At: The Library Restaurant on Guildhall Hill
Time: Midday - auction starts at 1.15pm
Tickets: �12 available soon
Enjoy a two course lunch at The Library Restaurant before battling it out to bag those designer pieces in a fashion auction organised by Ego.