Norwich fashion students showcase their collections at Graduate Fashion Week in London
- Credit: Archant
The work of Norwich's next generation of fashion designers was showcased on the catwalk in London as part of Graduate Fashion Week at the weekend.
More than 30,000 guests, leading industry brands, critics and trendwatchers gathered in the capital to see 22 catwalk shows and exhibitions from over 40 universities.
Representing Norwich University of the Arts (NUA), 18 students from the BA Fashion degree course presented their graduating collections of garments on the catwalk at the Truman Brewery.
Course Leader Sue Chowles said: 'The course encourages students to be truly revolutionary and push boundaries.
'The students have had the opportunity to engage with live projects with brands such as Marks and Spencer, Topshop, Urban Outfitters, Burberry and Monsoon and have produced some innovative and beautifully refined collections, which continue to set the benchmark for the future.'
You may also want to watch:
Graduate Fashion Week is the world's leading event celebrating the creativity of students and graduates within fashion, showcasing the work of over 1,000 of the very best students from universities around the world.
The NUA students were selected from their course to participate in the show by a panel of judges consisting of designer Betty Jackson CBE, journalist Hilary Alexander and course leader Sue Chowles.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 6 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 7 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 8 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 9 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 10 City bursts into life for Norwich Pride 2021
The collections were also on display at the event as part of the fashion week exhibition which this year featured a children's collection for the first time.
Betty Jackson said: 'The course at NUA is on the right track and it was a pleasure to see some exciting work by the students.'
Fashion lovers in Norwich will have a chance to see the students' work in July when they take part in the NUA Degree Shows.
The shows take place in Norwich July 1-7. For more information visit www.nua.ac.uk/degreeshows