Norwich fashion show highlights city’s fashion
City College Norwich students pulled out all the stops at the fashion show at The Garage.
Creative and media students from City College Norwich held a charity fashion show at The Garage last night . The event highlighted what up and coming talent your city has to offer as the show was entirely organised by students Nisha Ellis, Tuesdy George and Natasha Torbati as part of their Creative and Media Advanced Diploma.
Local independent retailers showcased their latest collections on the catwalk including Another Store on Lower Goat Lane, previously known as Bespoke Boutique, who showcased its new spring casual wear for men. Love Couture, fresh from the University of East Anglia catwalk last weekend, showcased a unique collection of dresses.
The second half of the show took the audience back to the 50s with Retreat Vintage on Magdalen Street and Daisy & Lola on Lower Goat Lane both showing 50s vintage and 50s inspired outfits.
Along with a fashion show the audience was also treated to high energy performances by dancers choreographed by Stephen Knights and a solo performance by Bodywork dancer Oliver Chapman.
You may also want to watch:
Nisha Ellis, one of the organisers of the show believes that this type of fashion show is important for the city: 'The idea was to entertain the audience with a performance that mixes fashion, dance and music. It was also a great opportunity to show what the smaller shops in Norwich have to offer rather than just introduce the collections from the bigger high street brands that everyone is already aware of.'
All profits from the show will go to Comic Relief.
- 1 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 2 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 Military begin coronavirus support at hospital
- 6 Four fire crews called to car blaze in Norwich garage
- 7 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Two people ordered to stay out of Norfolk after Norwich stabbing
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
See all the pictures from the City College fashion show in our photo gallery at the top right of this page
*The long awaited video highlighting the best bits from the Norwich Fashion Week catwalk show is now available to view on the Norwich Fashion Week website. The show marked the launch of the very first Norwich Fashion Week and included collections from independent retailers and local fashion designers such as Elements, Vanilla, Dilate Clothing and Johanne Couldrey.
The second Norwich Fashion Week will take place from September 22 until September 29.
To watch the highlights from the spring and summer Norwich Fashion Week catwalk show visit the Norwich Fashion Week website by clicking on the link at the top right of this page.