Norwich fashion goers are encouraged to ‘dress like a Queen’
Hang out your Union Jack flag and put on your best dress for this year's regal themed vintage day at Norwich Fashion Week. Emma Harrowing puts on her gloves and headscarf to find out what's in store.
Dress Like a Queen conjures up a whole mirage of conflicting images – but this is the theme of this year's vintage day at Norwich Fashion Week.
Set to be a precursor to the celebrations for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, the Dress Like a Queen vintage day is once again being held at The Library Restaurant on Guildhall Hill on the Sunday of fashion week.
Vintage lovers can shop the vintage stalls, see hair and make-up demonstrations and a vintage fashion show, while sipping on bubbly and stopping for a spot of brunch or afternoon tea. It's a very British affair.
Norwich vintage shops Lulu Vintage, Prim, Goldfinches, Antidote and Retreat will be joined by Burnham Market shop Vintage Deli in the fashion show, and stands in the fair include Antidote Vintage, Miss Kitty Hats, Wake Up Little Susie Vintage and Historical Sauces pop-up library.
You can also find out how to get the vintage inspired look with hair demonstrations by the stylists at Hooloovoo hair salon and the make-up artists from Benefit.
To get you in the vintage mood and to give you a little inspiration on what to wear for such an occasion, Life Matters teamed up with Blue Skies Vintage, the organisers of the Dress Like a Queen vintage day, to give you a taste of vintage fashion with a Royal heritage twist.
- 1 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 2 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 3 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 5 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 6 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 7 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 8 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 9 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 10 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
The Dress Like a Queen Vintage Day takes place on Sunday March 11 at The Library Restaurant between 11am and 4.30pm. Tickets cost �10 and includes a glass of bubbly, entrance to the shows and fair, and a goodie bag. For tickets call The Library Restaurant on 01603 616606.
See all the photographs from the Life Matters vintage shoot by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.
Your Evening News will bring you all the news from on and off the catwalks at Norwich Fashion Week over the next couple of weeks in the paper and online see the programme of events by clicking on the link at the top right of this page.