Norwich fashion face-off
Meet the winners of the Face of Norwich Fashion Week competition in their first Life Matters fashion shoot. By Emma Harrowing.
The androgynous fashion look which sees girls dressing like boys this season sets the perfect scene for a fashion shoot with the winners of the Face of Norwich Fashion Week competition.
Meet winners Danielle Hull and Matthew Gadd, both from Norwich, as they are introduced to a world of fashion, make-up artists, hair-stylists, photo shoots and lots of waiting around in a dimly-lit studio.
Styled his 'n' hers outfits from tweed and plaid blazers, skinny jeans with chunky knits, brogues and loafers, to oversized tuxedo jackets and the luxe sporty preppy look, Danielle and Matthew show you how to wear this season's 'boy meets girl' look with style.
Both were chosen as the faces of Norwich Fashion Week 2011 from a team of wannabe models in an enduring few months of castings, model boot-camp sessions, rehearsals and modelling on the catwalks at Norwich Fashion Week in September.
You may also want to watch:
Bex Parramint, from Powermodel Management in Norwich and one of the judges of the modelling competition, says: 'It was extremely difficult to choose two winners out of the great team of models we had, but Danielle and Matthew stood out from the audition stages. Both are very natural with interesting looks and their own unique style. During the rehearsal stage we couldn't keep our eyes off them. It helps that they are both genuinely nice people and have given everything to the competition.'
Take a look at the pictures from the Life Matters fashion shoot by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 7 'People make slavery jokes' - Black student on racism in schools
- 8 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 9 City bursts into life for Norwich Pride 2021
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
Norwich Fashion Week returns from March 8 - 15, 2012. Click on the Norwich Fashion Week link at the top right of this page for more information on how you can get involved.