Norwich fans to appear on Soccer AM
A group of canary-crazed football fans will get the chance to live out many a Norwich supporter's fantasy and sing On The Ball, City to millions of rival fans.
A group of Canaries-mad football fans will get the chance to live out many a Norwich supporter's fantasy and sing On The Ball, City to millions of rival fans.
A pack of eight City nuts has been chosen to appear on football programme Soccer AM when it broadcasts into six million homes on Sky Sports tomorrow morning.
The fans will be shoulder to shoulder with presenters Helen Chamberlain and Max Rushden, as well as special guest and former City player John Hartson.
Throughout the three-hour show they will sit in the fabled "Luther Blissett Stand", sing Canary chants and compete in a kicking accuracy test, their scores being compared with visiting supporters from other clubs this season.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City are lending each of the supporters next season's strip for the show.
Leading the bid to get on the show was John Curtis, 23, a speed awareness officer based at County Hall. Mr Curtis, of Aylsham Road, Norwich, said: "I emailed them about six months ago, and when they got back to me last week I was thrilled; it's still trying to sink in. We'll start our chants with On The Ball, City and just go from there."
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 8 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 9 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 10 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
The other fans are James Bates, 22, Ashley High, 22, Adam Pearce, 21, James Murrell, 21, Steven Beck, 26, Edward Kettle, 22, and Johnny King, 21, all from Norwich.
Sky is putting up the fans in a hotel in London, and after the show most of the supporters will be travelling to Charlton to watch the Canaries' crucial promotion encounter.