What a night! Norwich's England fans celebrate 4-0 Euros win
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Fans across Norwich packed out pubs and crowded round the TV to watch England take on Ukraine in the Euro 2020 quarter finals.
While some headed out to meet friends, others stayed at home with loved ones to watch the match and plenty donned red and white to cheer England on.
And their optimism was well-placed, as England stormed into a 4-0 lead, thanks to goals from Harry Kane, Harry Maguire and Jordan Henderson.
At the fan zone in Sprowston, spirits were high.
Ecstatic supporter Geoff Simpson, 34, said: “That was fantastic, we were in total control from start to finish. They couldn’t handle us from set pieces.
“Amazing - it really could be coming home. I definitely fancy us for the final. I think only the Italians stand in our way, I genuinely do.”
James Moore, 24, who picked Mason Mount and Harry Kane for his man of the match, said: “The atmosphere has been great again. I had us to win but not so easily. It’s been brilliant. Bring on the Danes!”
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 4 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 5 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 6 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 7 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 8 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 9 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 10 Fish and chip shop offering battered birthday cake to celebrate 50 years
Tony Smith, 55, added: “I remember Italia 90 and Euro 96 and this is up there. This group of players right up there. I genuinely think we will win it.”
The atmosphere spilled over into the city centre after the match, with fans continuing celebrations in the Prince of Wales Road area and renditions of It's Coming Home heard.
Here is a selection of photos from the night.