What a night! Norwich's England fans celebrate 4-0 Euros win
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Fans across Norwich packed out pubs and crowded round the TV to watch England take on Ukraine in the Euro 2020 quarter finals.
While some headed out to meet friends, others stayed at home with loved ones to watch the match and plenty donned red and white to cheer England on.
And their optimism was well-placed, as England stormed into a 4-0 lead, thanks to goals from Harry Kane, Harry Maguire and Jordan Henderson.
At the fan zone in Sprowston, spirits were high.
Ecstatic supporter Geoff Simpson, 34, said: “That was fantastic, we were in total control from start to finish. They couldn’t handle us from set pieces.
“Amazing - it really could be coming home. I definitely fancy us for the final. I think only the Italians stand in our way, I genuinely do.”
James Moore, 24, who picked Mason Mount and Harry Kane for his man of the match, said: “The atmosphere has been great again. I had us to win but not so easily. It’s been brilliant. Bring on the Danes!”
- 1 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 2 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 3 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 4 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 5 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 6 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 7 Huge 'magazine worthy' bungalow near Norwich is back up for sale for £1.1m
- 8 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 9 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 10 Jailed in Norfolk: Drug dealer and man who raped teenage girl
Tony Smith, 55, added: “I remember Italia 90 and Euro 96 and this is up there. This group of players right up there. I genuinely think we will win it.”
The atmosphere spilled over into the city centre after the match, with fans continuing celebrations in the Prince of Wales Road area and renditions of It's Coming Home heard.
Here is a selection of photos from the night.