Norwich Extra: A new free newspaper for the city out today
- Credit: Archant
A new free weekly newspaper for Norwich hit the streets today.
From this Thursday, the Evening News is launching the Norwich Extra across the city, replacing the Norwich Advertiser, which had its last edition last week.
Evening News editor David Powles said: 'Launching the Norwich Extra has allowed us to take a fresh look at the content readers would like to see in their weekly newspaper, bring in new commercial partners and improve the distribution model.
'Some 60,000 copies will go to homes and businesses in and around the city centre, reaching 90,000 people. It will also appear in health and fitness centres, coffee shops, cafes and hotels and be handed out at various locations.
'Closely aligned to the Norwich Evening News, editorially it will complement people's weekend, whether they live in the city or are just visitors.
You may also want to watch:
'It will have a consumer-emphasis and include content on subjects such as shopping, lifestyle, eating out, entertainment, gardening, food and drink, cinema and fashion.
'It's tagline will be 'the paper that adds value' and every week it will include a page of money-off vouchers, as well as competitions.'
- 1 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 2 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 3 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 4 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 Hundreds potentially put at risk as council homes safety inspections missed
- 8 Four Norwich city green spaces among best in UK
- 9 Progress on plan for 4,000 homes near Norwich to be revealed
- 10 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
Copies will be delivered to homes in the city centre, Golden Triangle, north city, Dereham Road, Catton, Costessey, Sprowston and Thorpe St Andrew.
You can find out more about Norwich Extra here