Norwich Extra: A new free newspaper for the city out today
- Credit: Archant
A new free weekly newspaper for Norwich hit the streets today.
From this Thursday, the Evening News is launching the Norwich Extra across the city, replacing the Norwich Advertiser, which had its last edition last week.
Evening News editor David Powles said: 'Launching the Norwich Extra has allowed us to take a fresh look at the content readers would like to see in their weekly newspaper, bring in new commercial partners and improve the distribution model.
'Some 60,000 copies will go to homes and businesses in and around the city centre, reaching 90,000 people. It will also appear in health and fitness centres, coffee shops, cafes and hotels and be handed out at various locations.
'Closely aligned to the Norwich Evening News, editorially it will complement people's weekend, whether they live in the city or are just visitors.
'It will have a consumer-emphasis and include content on subjects such as shopping, lifestyle, eating out, entertainment, gardening, food and drink, cinema and fashion.
'It's tagline will be 'the paper that adds value' and every week it will include a page of money-off vouchers, as well as competitions.'
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 6 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 7 Neighbours saw homeowner using hosepipe to fight flames of school building
- 8 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 9 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 10 How Norwich's former pubs have changed over the years
Copies will be delivered to homes in the city centre, Golden Triangle, north city, Dereham Road, Catton, Costessey, Sprowston and Thorpe St Andrew.
You can find out more about Norwich Extra here