Norwich Extra: A new free newspaper for the city out today
- Credit: Archant
A new free weekly newspaper for Norwich hit the streets today.
From this Thursday, the Evening News is launching the Norwich Extra across the city, replacing the Norwich Advertiser, which had its last edition last week.
Evening News editor David Powles said: 'Launching the Norwich Extra has allowed us to take a fresh look at the content readers would like to see in their weekly newspaper, bring in new commercial partners and improve the distribution model.
'Some 60,000 copies will go to homes and businesses in and around the city centre, reaching 90,000 people. It will also appear in health and fitness centres, coffee shops, cafes and hotels and be handed out at various locations.
'Closely aligned to the Norwich Evening News, editorially it will complement people's weekend, whether they live in the city or are just visitors.
You may also want to watch:
'It will have a consumer-emphasis and include content on subjects such as shopping, lifestyle, eating out, entertainment, gardening, food and drink, cinema and fashion.
'It's tagline will be 'the paper that adds value' and every week it will include a page of money-off vouchers, as well as competitions.'
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 4 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 5 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 6 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 7 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 8 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 9 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 10 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
Copies will be delivered to homes in the city centre, Golden Triangle, north city, Dereham Road, Catton, Costessey, Sprowston and Thorpe St Andrew.
You can find out more about Norwich Extra here