Norwich Extra: A new free newspaper for the city out today
- Credit: Archant
A new free weekly newspaper for Norwich hit the streets today.
From this Thursday, the Evening News is launching the Norwich Extra across the city, replacing the Norwich Advertiser, which had its last edition last week.
Evening News editor David Powles said: 'Launching the Norwich Extra has allowed us to take a fresh look at the content readers would like to see in their weekly newspaper, bring in new commercial partners and improve the distribution model.
'Some 60,000 copies will go to homes and businesses in and around the city centre, reaching 90,000 people. It will also appear in health and fitness centres, coffee shops, cafes and hotels and be handed out at various locations.
'Closely aligned to the Norwich Evening News, editorially it will complement people's weekend, whether they live in the city or are just visitors.
'It will have a consumer-emphasis and include content on subjects such as shopping, lifestyle, eating out, entertainment, gardening, food and drink, cinema and fashion.
'It's tagline will be 'the paper that adds value' and every week it will include a page of money-off vouchers, as well as competitions.'
- 1 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 2 Are you the mystery Norwich builder Peter Crouch is searching for?
- 3 A47 dualling gets government green light
- 4 Military helicopters spotted flying over Norfolk
- 5 Much-loved dungaree brand to open one of only three UK stores in Norwich
- 6 TV stars announced for Jack and the Beanstalk panto at Theatre Royal
- 7 Missing Taverham man found safe and well
- 8 Hidden 90-acre wildlife haven in city secured after £600k investment
- 9 Business park given green light to expand by more than 50pc
- 10 Man in 20s arrested outside new Tesco store in city centre
Copies will be delivered to homes in the city centre, Golden Triangle, north city, Dereham Road, Catton, Costessey, Sprowston and Thorpe St Andrew.
You can find out more about Norwich Extra here