Evening News launch brand new app giving a 'cleaner user experience'
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY
Today marks a new dawn in the way Norwich gets its news.
The launch of the Evening News+ app means exclusive, quality content delivered straight to your phone, tablet or computer.
On the app readers can expect to find in-depth news, crime, investigations, housing and business stories as well as much more.
Richard Porritt, editor of the Norwich Evening News, said: "Our new app allows us to lessen our environmental impact while providing the means to publish all our content on a world-class platform that helps to pay for the cost of our journalism.
"There will be video content, podcasts, newsletters and breaking news notifications.
"And the app experience will be very different from the free, online version with a much cleaner user experience and significantly fewer adverts which is why we will be asking readers to subscribe at a very low price.
"Evening News+ is the best – and cheapest – way to ensure you don’t miss anything that is important to Norwich."
- 1 Who's the celeb making a splash in Norwich?
- 2 Mysterious 'large black animal' spotted roaming in fields near city
- 3 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 4 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 5 Boatyard in 'prime position' in Norfolk Broads goes up for auction
- 6 Police hunt wanted man in Norwich
- 7 National shoe chain returning to city centre with new 'concept' store
- 8 'Really frightening': Parents keeping kids off streets after woman stabbed
- 9 Richard Osman visits city shop while filming for BBC show
- 10 'We're fed up' - Till and charity pots stolen in city bakery break-in
The app launches today and can be found in the app store on IOS and Android.