Evening News launch brand new app giving a 'cleaner user experience'
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY
Today marks a new dawn in the way Norwich gets its news.
The launch of the Evening News+ app means exclusive, quality content delivered straight to your phone, tablet or computer.
On the app readers can expect to find in-depth news, crime, investigations, housing and business stories as well as much more.
Richard Porritt, editor of the Norwich Evening News, said: "Our new app allows us to lessen our environmental impact while providing the means to publish all our content on a world-class platform that helps to pay for the cost of our journalism.
"There will be video content, podcasts, newsletters and breaking news notifications.
"And the app experience will be very different from the free, online version with a much cleaner user experience and significantly fewer adverts which is why we will be asking readers to subscribe at a very low price.
"Evening News+ is the best – and cheapest – way to ensure you don’t miss anything that is important to Norwich."
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 6 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 7 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 8 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
- 9 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 10 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
The app launches today and can be found in the app store on IOS and Android.