Norwich entrepreneur opens second shop
David BaleFishing tackle shops across the country may be closing down due to the recession, but one Norwich entrepreneur and medal-winning angler is opening his second business in the city, at the age of just 25.David Bale
Fishing tackle shops across the country may be closing down due to the recession, but one Norwich entrepreneur and medal-winning angler is opening his second business in the city, at the age of just 25.
Lewis Murawski, who owns Anglers' World fishing tackle shop in Long John Hill, Lakenham, has recently acquired another tackle shop, The Wright Tackle in the Dixon shopping centre in Reepham Road, which is opening on July 2.
Mr Murawski said he had big plans for the new premises, which he has taken over from Peter Wright, who had steered the business through a successful 15-year period.
Mr Murawski said: 'Anglers' World has been a thriving business since it opened three years ago, and I have big plans for the new business, starting with an open day on July 2, where there will be bait and tackle demonstrations from the big names in fishing (Kieron Rich is already confirmed), food and drink plus plenty of special offers available.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'Long John Hill has been a massive success thanks to the support of my customers, catchment area, branded quality tackle and hard work.
'This new premises offers even more space plus a totally new catchment area the other side of the city.
- 1 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 2 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 3 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 4 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 5 New Danish bakery in Norwich sells over 1,000 pastries in first week
- 6 Heron dies after being shot six times with air gun in Norwich
- 7 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 8 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 10 Measures taken to make dog walkers feel safer in Norwich park
'Fisherman have never had it so good and will be able to park conveniently plus get the products they desire without having to get caught up in city traffic.'
As reported, Mr Murawski, who won silver at the World Youth Coarse Fishing Championships in Portugal in 2004, left his previous job as the youngest ever editor of Angling Times Advanced magazine to set up the Long John Hill shop.
After taking voluntary redundancy he bought a 10-year lease at the first property and got a bank loan to set up his business, despite many school and college friends questioning his sanity after hearing of his plans.
His love of fishing started when he was nine after he got bored with other sports including badminton, at which he was a county champion in Cambridgeshire.
Have you set up your own interesting new business? Contact reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.