More than 250 Norwich dogs are available to borrow - here are six of the best
- Credit: Archant
It's not unheard of to borrow a tin opener or a pair of pliers from your neighbour - but borrowing a dog?
That's the bizarre idea behind a new app, with currently more than 250 pet pooches available to borrow within a three-mile radius of Norwich.
The BorrowMyDoggy app gives animal lovers the chance to look after other people's four-legged friends.
The aim of the national app-come-website is to help dog owners when they need it and to allow people without a dog to spend quality time with one.
Rikke Rosenlund, founder of the BorrowMyDoggy app, said: 'The app has been designed around making dogs happy, socialising them and most of all, meeting new people in your local communities.
'Lots of dog owners could use a helping hand and so many people would love to take care of a dog for free, simply because they love them.'
When joining the app, members have to make a free profile which will include pictures, a description and availability.
- 1 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 2 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 3 'Our lives changed forever' - Parents pay tribute to six-week-old Chloe
- 4 Pupils reach for the rainbow for Norwich Pride Schools Week
- 5 Need for extension could mean Norwich roadworks continue for longer
- 6 Efforts step up to protect city park from development
- 7 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 8 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 9 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 10 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
Before arranging to borrow a dog the account will need to verified by the BorrowMyDoggy team. After this owners and borrowers can message and arrange to meet.
? Here are seven of the dogs that you can borrow:
Hershey - ten-month-old golden retriever
Hershey is just a puppy at the moment, but needs more exercise, companionship, and training!
She is a very polite and cute puppy, exploring her world.
She's is available during weekdays and for holidays.
Rosie - Five-year-old Shih Tzu
Rosie loves cuddles and enjoys a good walk where se can explore.
Her owner is disabled and will need somebody to help take Rosie for walks.
She's available in the evenings, on weekends and for holidays.
Biffy - ten-year-old Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Biffy is a big softy, he loved peopel and cuddles.
His owner is looking to schedule some visits to keep Biffy company while she works.
Shes available on weekdays and for holidays.
Corbyn - Three-year-old Staffordshire bull terrier
Corbyn is a high energy dog who loves to cuddle, walk and get all the belly rubs he can.
He's very playful and loves anything with stuffing in or that squeaks.
He is so friendly and warms up to people very quickly; his owner works five days a week and is looking for somebody to take Corbyn on day time adventures.
Oscar and Daisy - five-year-old Shih Tzu
Oscar and Daisy love attention and cuddles.
They're both well mannered, Oscar is very excitable whereas Daisy has a laid back approach.
The duo are available on weekdays and nights, weekends and for holidays.
For more information on how BorrowMyDoggy works, visit their website.