More than 250 Norwich dogs are available to borrow - here are six of the best
- Credit: Archant
It's not unheard of to borrow a tin opener or a pair of pliers from your neighbour - but borrowing a dog?
That's the bizarre idea behind a new app, with currently more than 250 pet pooches available to borrow within a three-mile radius of Norwich.
The BorrowMyDoggy app gives animal lovers the chance to look after other people's four-legged friends.
The aim of the national app-come-website is to help dog owners when they need it and to allow people without a dog to spend quality time with one.
Rikke Rosenlund, founder of the BorrowMyDoggy app, said: 'The app has been designed around making dogs happy, socialising them and most of all, meeting new people in your local communities.
'Lots of dog owners could use a helping hand and so many people would love to take care of a dog for free, simply because they love them.'
When joining the app, members have to make a free profile which will include pictures, a description and availability.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 4 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 5 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 8 REVEALED: Hotspots in Norwich with the most burglaries
- 9 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 10 Woman hunts venue for 200 people and Madness tribute after The Talk shuts
Before arranging to borrow a dog the account will need to verified by the BorrowMyDoggy team. After this owners and borrowers can message and arrange to meet.
? Here are seven of the dogs that you can borrow:
Hershey - ten-month-old golden retriever
Hershey is just a puppy at the moment, but needs more exercise, companionship, and training!
She is a very polite and cute puppy, exploring her world.
She's is available during weekdays and for holidays.
Rosie - Five-year-old Shih Tzu
Rosie loves cuddles and enjoys a good walk where se can explore.
Her owner is disabled and will need somebody to help take Rosie for walks.
She's available in the evenings, on weekends and for holidays.
Biffy - ten-year-old Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Biffy is a big softy, he loved peopel and cuddles.
His owner is looking to schedule some visits to keep Biffy company while she works.
Shes available on weekdays and for holidays.
Corbyn - Three-year-old Staffordshire bull terrier
Corbyn is a high energy dog who loves to cuddle, walk and get all the belly rubs he can.
He's very playful and loves anything with stuffing in or that squeaks.
He is so friendly and warms up to people very quickly; his owner works five days a week and is looking for somebody to take Corbyn on day time adventures.
Oscar and Daisy - five-year-old Shih Tzu
Oscar and Daisy love attention and cuddles.
They're both well mannered, Oscar is very excitable whereas Daisy has a laid back approach.
The duo are available on weekdays and nights, weekends and for holidays.
For more information on how BorrowMyDoggy works, visit their website.