Norwich dog show to take place
Norwich Sheriff Derek James gets together with some canine friends
Do you like dogs? Perhaps you are thinking of having a rescue dog? Or maybe you just fancy a night out in the company of some adorable dogs?
If the answer is yes to any of these, how about a night out with a difference?
Former Evening News columnist Doris and I would love to see you all next Tuesday for a couple of hours of barks and laughs. We shall be at Notcutts Garden Centre for a special doggie evening hosted by our friends in the East Anglian Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club.
The whole idea is to have a good time, raise the profile of the staffies, all rescue dogs, and collect some money for the civic charity, Rotary House for the Deaf.
You may also want to watch:
The evening will be signed and among the stars on the night will be Simon Moore, with his handsome and loyal hearing dog Foggy, who has changed his life.
The show will be opened by BBC Radio Norfolk favourite Nick Conrad and a highlight will be a fashion event – with both humans and dogs taking to the, dare I say it, catwalk.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 3 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 4 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 8 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 9 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 10 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
Doris will be joined by some of her rescue friends, who are looking for a loving new home. There will also be a design-a-dog coat competition and Jenny's Signing Angels will be there.
One of Doris' special friends, Jasper, the three-legged wonder rescue dog, will be putting in an appearance along with his master, Martin Smith, Long Stratton estate agent and a two-legged wonder.
The Norwich dog warden will be on hand to give advice on how to be a responsible dog owner and there will be special displays from the likes of Jo-ann Essex with her delightful dog Bacon.
'There won't be another night like this one,' laughed organiser Michele Neave, who says she hopes it will also raise the profile of the club and show how staffies really are lovely and loyal dogs.
'And we really appreciate the support from everyone at Notcutts who are helping us to put on this show,' she added.
If you have a rescue dog then please bring along a photograph and if you are thinking of having a rescue dog then this is your chance to discover what is involved and how important it is to give these dogs the care and love they deserve.
Doris and I will be there to meet you and you will also get the chance to find out what Rotary House is all about and what wonderful work it does in Norwich – it is the only home of its kind in the country.
For more information call Michele on 01603 625929 or click on firstname.lastname@example.org
Tickets are �5 and that includes a drink. The doors at Notcutts open on Tuesday October 26 at 6.30pm. Hope to see you there.