Norwich doctor battles tumour - and sails around Britain
Victoria NichollsA Norwich doctor battling a brain tumour has embarked on an ambitious charity mission to sail around the country.Victoria Nicholls
A Norwich doctor battling a brain tumour has embarked on an ambitious charity mission to sail around the country.
As previously reported in the Evening News, Josie Phillips, a junior doctor at the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital, is sailing anti-clockwise around Britain with her husband Roger in a bid to raise �20,000 for Brain Tumour Research.
Mrs Phillips, 27, is determined to enjoy life and not let the disease stop her from accomplishing some of her dreams.
The couple set sail from Ipswich on Saturday, mooring at Lowestoft harbour for the first night of their voyage. There they were greeted by a fellow fund-raiser from Lowestoft, Wendy Savage, who lost her own daughter to a brain tumour.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Phillips said: "Over Christmas I was feeling very low, so Roger and I started to think about what I could do when I felt better and we hit upon the idea of sailing around Britain to raise awareness about the plight of brain tumour patients and at the same time fundraising for the charity Brain Tumour Research, as well as the Big C cancer centre at my local hospital in Norwich."
� To donate, or track their progress visit www.contessa32.co.uk
- 1 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 4 Former village pub for sale as home
- 5 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 6 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 7 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 8 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
- 9 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel