Norwich doctor battles tumour - and sails around Britain
Victoria NichollsA Norwich doctor battling a brain tumour has embarked on an ambitious charity mission to sail around the country.Victoria Nicholls
A Norwich doctor battling a brain tumour has embarked on an ambitious charity mission to sail around the country.
As previously reported in the Evening News, Josie Phillips, a junior doctor at the Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital, is sailing anti-clockwise around Britain with her husband Roger in a bid to raise �20,000 for Brain Tumour Research.
Mrs Phillips, 27, is determined to enjoy life and not let the disease stop her from accomplishing some of her dreams.
The couple set sail from Ipswich on Saturday, mooring at Lowestoft harbour for the first night of their voyage. There they were greeted by a fellow fund-raiser from Lowestoft, Wendy Savage, who lost her own daughter to a brain tumour.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Phillips said: "Over Christmas I was feeling very low, so Roger and I started to think about what I could do when I felt better and we hit upon the idea of sailing around Britain to raise awareness about the plight of brain tumour patients and at the same time fundraising for the charity Brain Tumour Research, as well as the Big C cancer centre at my local hospital in Norwich."
� To donate, or track their progress visit www.contessa32.co.uk
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours