The EDP says... Norwich dockless cycle scheme should be welcomed
- Credit: ofo UK
News that the world's first and largest dockless bike sharing company will launch in Norwich tomorrow is to be welcomed.
The China-based business already operates in 180 cities across the world, including Cambridge, Oxford and London, with Norwich becoming the fourth UK city to host the service.
Cycling around the city has grown in leaps and bounds in recent years, both as a means for commuting and for health reasons.
The new scheme is set to provide Norwich residents with a flexible, convenient and affordable transport option.
This comes at a time when millions of pounds are being spent to improve cycle routes around Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Any initiative which contributes to a healthier and greener lifestyle needs to be applauded and supported.
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 5 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 6 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 7 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 'Amazing' teen denied urgent mental health referral weeks before death
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’