Norwich DJ to return to Malia for final summer
A Norwich DJ who lost his right-arm in a moped crash in Malia will return to the Mediterranean island for a final summer of performances.
Matt Howes, of Harewood Drive, Thorpe Marriott, was living his dream performing before thousands of holidaymakers every night when he lost his arm in a crash in July.
Two weeks later he returned to perform again at his resident club Candy, and this weekend Mr Howes, 24, will fly out for a final summer there.
Mr Howes said: 'Me and Malia have unfinished business, I'm only doing this to prove that everything did happen for a reason.'
Despite his setback, the former Taverham High student has seen his career go from strength-to-strength with appearances across the country and in Spain and France.
You may also want to watch:
'Over the past five months it has been a rollercoaster of emotions and I have met a whole of celebrities and DJs,' he said.
'This summer is set to be the best yet, with performances already confirmed alongside many different celebrities and this year I shall be running my own events too, with my first venture to bring Ricky Rayment and Mario Falcone from the hit ITV2 show The Only Way Is Essex.'
- 1 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 2 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 3 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 4 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 5 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 6 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 7 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 8 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development
- 9 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 10 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
However this will be his final summer in Malia, as he is hoping to start working in Abu Dhabi in November.
•Have you defied the odds to succeed? Contact the news team on 07501 481521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org