Norwich DJ to return to Malia for final summer
A Norwich DJ who lost his right-arm in a moped crash in Malia will return to the Mediterranean island for a final summer of performances.
Matt Howes, of Harewood Drive, Thorpe Marriott, was living his dream performing before thousands of holidaymakers every night when he lost his arm in a crash in July.
Two weeks later he returned to perform again at his resident club Candy, and this weekend Mr Howes, 24, will fly out for a final summer there.
Mr Howes said: 'Me and Malia have unfinished business, I'm only doing this to prove that everything did happen for a reason.'
Despite his setback, the former Taverham High student has seen his career go from strength-to-strength with appearances across the country and in Spain and France.
'Over the past five months it has been a rollercoaster of emotions and I have met a whole of celebrities and DJs,' he said.
'This summer is set to be the best yet, with performances already confirmed alongside many different celebrities and this year I shall be running my own events too, with my first venture to bring Ricky Rayment and Mario Falcone from the hit ITV2 show The Only Way Is Essex.'
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 5 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month
- 6 Struggles to move out of Norfolk continue after school attack
- 7 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 8 'The end of an icon' - A look back at the history of The Talk
- 9 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 10 Community on high alert after cars targeted in city suburbs
However this will be his final summer in Malia, as he is hoping to start working in Abu Dhabi in November.
•Have you defied the odds to succeed? Contact the news team on 07501 481521 or email email@example.com