Norwich date for award-winning folk songstress Vikki Clayton
- Credit: Vikki Clayton
Now living in New Zealand, the singer, songwriter and guitarist, who enjoyed a long association with Fairport Convention, will be appearing in Norwich as part of her UK solo tour this summer.
Folk singer, songwriter and guitarist Vikki Clayton is set to perform in Norwich as part of a UK tour.
The acclaimed musician has performed alongside many well-known bands and big folk names, notably Fairport Convention and Fotheringay, not to mention Ralph Mctell, John Martyn, Richard Thompson and Ashley Hutchings, as well as having a successful solo career.
Now living and performing in New Zealand, she will be appearing in Norwich as part of her UK solo tour this summer.
She first came to prominace in the 1980s when she was invited to sing with cult folk-rock band Ragged Heroes who were invited to perform at one of the early Cropredy Festivals in 1984.
You may also want to watch:
When the band drifted apart she released solo albums and somebody sent Fairport Convention a copy of her album Lost Lady Found, beginning a long association of appearing with the folk stalwarts.
She fronted the newly formed Fotheringhay, known as 'The Nerve' and forming her own band featuring stellar performers Clive Bunker, Fred T Baker and Chris Conway.
- 1 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 2 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 6 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 7 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 8 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 9 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 10 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
Last year she released her latest solo album, Messenger .
She will be supported in Norwich by TANZ, a locally-based, multi-instrumental trio playing music inspired by the folk traditions of eastern Europe.
• Vikki Clayton will play the Britannia Bistro, Guilhall, Norwich, on July 25, 8pm, tickets £10 available from firstname.lastname@example.org or on the door on the night