Norwich date for award-winning folk songstress Vikki Clayton
- Credit: Vikki Clayton
Now living in New Zealand, the singer, songwriter and guitarist, who enjoyed a long association with Fairport Convention, will be appearing in Norwich as part of her UK solo tour this summer.
Folk singer, songwriter and guitarist Vikki Clayton is set to perform in Norwich as part of a UK tour.
The acclaimed musician has performed alongside many well-known bands and big folk names, notably Fairport Convention and Fotheringay, not to mention Ralph Mctell, John Martyn, Richard Thompson and Ashley Hutchings, as well as having a successful solo career.
Now living and performing in New Zealand, she will be appearing in Norwich as part of her UK solo tour this summer.
She first came to prominace in the 1980s when she was invited to sing with cult folk-rock band Ragged Heroes who were invited to perform at one of the early Cropredy Festivals in 1984.
You may also want to watch:
When the band drifted apart she released solo albums and somebody sent Fairport Convention a copy of her album Lost Lady Found, beginning a long association of appearing with the folk stalwarts.
She fronted the newly formed Fotheringhay, known as 'The Nerve' and forming her own band featuring stellar performers Clive Bunker, Fred T Baker and Chris Conway.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 3 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 4 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 5 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
Last year she released her latest solo album, Messenger .
She will be supported in Norwich by TANZ, a locally-based, multi-instrumental trio playing music inspired by the folk traditions of eastern Europe.
• Vikki Clayton will play the Britannia Bistro, Guilhall, Norwich, on July 25, 8pm, tickets £10 available from email@example.com or on the door on the night