Norwich date for award-winning folk songstress Vikki Clayton
- Credit: Vikki Clayton
Now living in New Zealand, the singer, songwriter and guitarist, who enjoyed a long association with Fairport Convention, will be appearing in Norwich as part of her UK solo tour this summer.
Folk singer, songwriter and guitarist Vikki Clayton is set to perform in Norwich as part of a UK tour.
The acclaimed musician has performed alongside many well-known bands and big folk names, notably Fairport Convention and Fotheringay, not to mention Ralph Mctell, John Martyn, Richard Thompson and Ashley Hutchings, as well as having a successful solo career.
Now living and performing in New Zealand, she will be appearing in Norwich as part of her UK solo tour this summer.
She first came to prominace in the 1980s when she was invited to sing with cult folk-rock band Ragged Heroes who were invited to perform at one of the early Cropredy Festivals in 1984.
When the band drifted apart she released solo albums and somebody sent Fairport Convention a copy of her album Lost Lady Found, beginning a long association of appearing with the folk stalwarts.
She fronted the newly formed Fotheringhay, known as 'The Nerve' and forming her own band featuring stellar performers Clive Bunker, Fred T Baker and Chris Conway.
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 3 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 4 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 5 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 6 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 7 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 8 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 9 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 10 Former Norfolk teacher finds success with hit pottery business
Last year she released her latest solo album, Messenger .
She will be supported in Norwich by TANZ, a locally-based, multi-instrumental trio playing music inspired by the folk traditions of eastern Europe.
• Vikki Clayton will play the Britannia Bistro, Guilhall, Norwich, on July 25, 8pm, tickets £10 available from email@example.com or on the door on the night