Three curry houses in Norwich nominated for national awards
- Credit: Mark Bullimore
Three curry houses in the Norwich area have been nominated for national awards.
The takeaways and restaurants are in the running for the eighth annual English Curry Awards after being shortlisted via a public vote.
Tamarind Fine Indian Dining, on Woodbastwick Road in Blofield, is up for two awards. It's general manger, Giash Miah, is a finalist in the 'General Manager of the Year' category alongside seven other managers. The restaurant has also been nominated in the fine dining category.
MORE: Top 10 places to eat in and around Norwich – according to TripAdvisorAnd two city eateries have shortlisted in the 'Takeaway and Home Delivery of the Year' category.
Quality Indian and Bangladeshi Takeaway on Harvey Lane and Good Food Tandoori on St Stephens Road are nominated alongside seven other takeaways in the East of England, including Chilli Masters in King's Lynn.
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on September 17.
You may also want to watch:
Where is your favourite curry house? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub