Three curry houses in Norwich nominated for national awards
- Credit: Mark Bullimore
Three curry houses in the Norwich area have been nominated for national awards.
The takeaways and restaurants are in the running for the eighth annual English Curry Awards after being shortlisted via a public vote.
Tamarind Fine Indian Dining, on Woodbastwick Road in Blofield, is up for two awards. It's general manger, Giash Miah, is a finalist in the 'General Manager of the Year' category alongside seven other managers. The restaurant has also been nominated in the fine dining category.
MORE: Top 10 places to eat in and around Norwich – according to TripAdvisorAnd two city eateries have shortlisted in the 'Takeaway and Home Delivery of the Year' category.
Quality Indian and Bangladeshi Takeaway on Harvey Lane and Good Food Tandoori on St Stephens Road are nominated alongside seven other takeaways in the East of England, including Chilli Masters in King's Lynn.
The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on September 17.
You may also want to watch:
Where is your favourite curry house? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 5 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 6 City fan park takes shape ahead of England's Euro 2020 opener
- 7 Police cordon remains in place after serious sex assault in Norwich
- 8 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 9 Man who took baby from Norfolk hospital to be sentenced
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace