Norwich crash delays traffic
David BaleRush-hour traffic was delayed after a crash involving a car and a dustcart on the busy A140 Cromer Road in Hellesdon, on the outskirts of Norwich.David Bale
A set of traffic lights was damaged when a car and a dustcart were involved in a crash during rush-hour traffic, near Norwich.
The accident happened on the busy A140 Cromer Road in Hellesdon, at the junction with Middleton's Lane, at about 7.30am today.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said one person, who was trapped in the vehicle and had to be cut free by firefighters, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with unknown injuries.
Fire crews from Norwich and Earlham attended and the crash caused severe delays for motorists with diversions put in place.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 5 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 8 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47