Norwich crash delays traffic
David BaleRush-hour traffic was delayed after a crash involving a car and a dustcart on the busy A140 Cromer Road in Hellesdon, on the outskirts of Norwich.David Bale
A set of traffic lights was damaged when a car and a dustcart were involved in a crash during rush-hour traffic, near Norwich.
The accident happened on the busy A140 Cromer Road in Hellesdon, at the junction with Middleton's Lane, at about 7.30am today.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said one person, who was trapped in the vehicle and had to be cut free by firefighters, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with unknown injuries.
Fire crews from Norwich and Earlham attended and the crash caused severe delays for motorists with diversions put in place.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 5 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 6 6 best Chinese takeaways in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 7 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 10 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines