Norwich crash delays traffic
David BaleRush-hour traffic was delayed after a crash involving a car and a dustcart on the busy A140 Cromer Road in Hellesdon, on the outskirts of Norwich.David Bale
A set of traffic lights was damaged when a car and a dustcart were involved in a crash during rush-hour traffic, near Norwich.
The accident happened on the busy A140 Cromer Road in Hellesdon, at the junction with Middleton's Lane, at about 7.30am today.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said one person, who was trapped in the vehicle and had to be cut free by firefighters, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with unknown injuries.
Fire crews from Norwich and Earlham attended and the crash caused severe delays for motorists with diversions put in place.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 3 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 4 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 5 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 6 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 7 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 8 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 9 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 10 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house