Norwich couple win a romantic getaway
A lucky couple from Norwich have won a weekend away after visiting their local building society.
Mark and Sara Davey of Bussey Road, Catton, entered the competition at the Norwich and Peterborough Building Society on Aylsham Road in Norwich to win an experience trip of their choice.
Mrs Davey said: 'We were both really pleased. We've never won anything before. We decided to go for the British break, as we thought it would be lovely to have a romantic weekend away. We're not sure when or where we'll go yet, but we'll get looking.'
Branch manager Zoe Holdsworth said: 'It's really great that Mark and Sara have won, and especially nice for me as I was the one who they came in to see, so I'm pleased that I was able to help them and they won something too. I know that they were both thrilled to have won, and now they have the fun task of choosing when and where they're going to go.'
Mr and Mrs Davey are all set for their romantic getaway and now have the exciting task of choosing where they're going to go, after deciding to take the British break for two option.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Davey added: 'It makes a change for us to win something. We are really excited.'
The couple were winners of one out of the ten experience days which were available.
- 1 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 4 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 8 Suspect identified in search for elderly man who undressed in park
- 9 'Fantastic' new hospital ward welcomes first patients
- 10 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
Other prizes included a grand dining experience, rally driving, a cocktail making session, dumper truck racing, afternoon tea with Champagne, a glider experience, indoor sky diving and a theatre evening.
Have you won an exciting competition recently? Contact Local Life editor Donna-Louise Bishop at email@example.com or call 01603 772438.