Norwich community comes together to celebrate Royal Wedding
Over 100 people from the Sewell Park College area enjoyed a Royal Wedding party at The Lord Rosebery pub yesterday afternoon.
The guest of honour for the outdoor barbecue and vintage party was Norwich North MP Chloe Smith, who joined the celebrations following the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton.
Lord Rosebury manager Sally Hutchinson said: 'It was a fantastic day, absolutely fantastic, I could not have wished for a better day.
'There was about 100 people outside and also a lot of people drinking in the pub so there was maybe 150 to 200 people at one point.
'Everyone came together as a community and I was actually surprised at how many people got involved.
You may also want to watch:
'Chloe stayed for a good couple of hours and had a drink and something from the barbecue, it was really nice to have the support of the local MP.'
Around �60 was also raised from a bucket collection, which will be donated to charities backed by the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
- 1 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 4 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 5 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 6 Full list of Norwich Market stalls open or delivering during lockdown
- 7 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 8 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 9 Norwich man admits supplying drugs to small group of friends
- 10 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut