Norwich community comes together to celebrate Royal Wedding
Over 100 people from the Sewell Park College area enjoyed a Royal Wedding party at The Lord Rosebery pub yesterday afternoon.
The guest of honour for the outdoor barbecue and vintage party was Norwich North MP Chloe Smith, who joined the celebrations following the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton.
Lord Rosebury manager Sally Hutchinson said: 'It was a fantastic day, absolutely fantastic, I could not have wished for a better day.
'There was about 100 people outside and also a lot of people drinking in the pub so there was maybe 150 to 200 people at one point.
'Everyone came together as a community and I was actually surprised at how many people got involved.
You may also want to watch:
'Chloe stayed for a good couple of hours and had a drink and something from the barbecue, it was really nice to have the support of the local MP.'
Around �60 was also raised from a bucket collection, which will be donated to charities backed by the new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
- 1 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 9 Norwich man wanted by police
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station