Norwich community centre to host first afternoon art event
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich community centre have their first ever art afternoon for people of all ages.
A Norwich community centre is hosting its first ever art afternoon for people of all ages.
People who attend the free workshop, at the Marlpit Community Centre, will create puppet portraits along with other arts and crafts.
Mrs Galvin, chairwoman of the community centre, said: 'We're making sure that this is a people's community centre ran by and for the community.'
Ran by Norfolk & Norwich Festival and the Norwich Puppet Theatre, the class is suitable for under-fives, parents, families and the older generation.
You may also want to watch:
The event is part six free taster events which have seen people participating in yoga, history talks and fruit picking.
The one off art event will take place on Monday, October 8 between 2-4pm at the centre on Hellesdon Road.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 7 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 8 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
There is limited capacity for the puppet workshop, to register interest email email@example.com or call 01603 877750