Norwich community centre to host first afternoon art event
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich community centre have their first ever art afternoon for people of all ages.
A Norwich community centre is hosting its first ever art afternoon for people of all ages.
People who attend the free workshop, at the Marlpit Community Centre, will create puppet portraits along with other arts and crafts.
Mrs Galvin, chairwoman of the community centre, said: 'We're making sure that this is a people's community centre ran by and for the community.'
Ran by Norfolk & Norwich Festival and the Norwich Puppet Theatre, the class is suitable for under-fives, parents, families and the older generation.
The event is part six free taster events which have seen people participating in yoga, history talks and fruit picking.
The one off art event will take place on Monday, October 8 between 2-4pm at the centre on Hellesdon Road.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 8 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 9 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 10 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
There is limited capacity for the puppet workshop, to register interest email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 877750