Norwich community centre to host first afternoon art event
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich community centre have their first ever art afternoon for people of all ages.
A Norwich community centre is hosting its first ever art afternoon for people of all ages.
People who attend the free workshop, at the Marlpit Community Centre, will create puppet portraits along with other arts and crafts.
Mrs Galvin, chairwoman of the community centre, said: 'We're making sure that this is a people's community centre ran by and for the community.'
Ran by Norfolk & Norwich Festival and the Norwich Puppet Theatre, the class is suitable for under-fives, parents, families and the older generation.
You may also want to watch:
The event is part six free taster events which have seen people participating in yoga, history talks and fruit picking.
The one off art event will take place on Monday, October 8 between 2-4pm at the centre on Hellesdon Road.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich
There is limited capacity for the puppet workshop, to register interest email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 877750