Norwich coffee shop manager swims 10k for charity
A Norwich store manager has raised �650 for charity after completing 400 lengths of a swimming pool.
Gemma Paige, 30, from Mattishall, swam 10k at Dereham Leisure Centre over three and a half hours today without stopping.
After the challenge, she said: 'It was tougher than I thought it would be. The last 100 lengths were the hardest. I had a lot of people wishing me well. I might not go swimming for a little while but I still love it.'
Miss Paige, who works at Costa Coffee in Riverside, raised �325 which will be matched by the company.
All the money will go towards the Costa Foundation, which provides funds for coffee growing communities across the world, including Guatemala, in central America, and Ethiopia.
You may also want to watch:
The store manager first started swimming at the beginning of this year to keep fit and swims at Dereham Leisure Centre four times a week. At each session she normally swims 2k.
- 1 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 4 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 7 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 8 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Norwich man wanted by police