Norwich coffee shop manager swims 10k for charity
A Norwich store manager has raised �650 for charity after completing 400 lengths of a swimming pool.
Gemma Paige, 30, from Mattishall, swam 10k at Dereham Leisure Centre over three and a half hours today without stopping.
After the challenge, she said: 'It was tougher than I thought it would be. The last 100 lengths were the hardest. I had a lot of people wishing me well. I might not go swimming for a little while but I still love it.'
Miss Paige, who works at Costa Coffee in Riverside, raised �325 which will be matched by the company.
All the money will go towards the Costa Foundation, which provides funds for coffee growing communities across the world, including Guatemala, in central America, and Ethiopia.
You may also want to watch:
The store manager first started swimming at the beginning of this year to keep fit and swims at Dereham Leisure Centre four times a week. At each session she normally swims 2k.
- 1 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 2 Number of homes for derelict site could be increased to 200
- 3 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 4 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 5 City centre street set to close at weekend
- 6 Cannabis dealer had more than £8300 in cash stashed away
- 7 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 8 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 9 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 10 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house