Norwich coffee shop Jackson’s to host charity tea day for The Big C
- Credit: Archant
A family-run café in the heart of the city is hosting a fundraising tea day to raise vital cash for a local cancer charity.
Jackson's, at Castle Meadow, has organised a Big C charity tea day to help raise money to go towards cancer research and will be donating 25p from every cup of hot drink served on the day.
Husband and wife team, Antony and Tracey Jackson, have also organised a raffle and one of the prizes is a signed copy of TV star Amanda Holden's autobiography, which she donated herself.
Co-owner, Mr Jackson, 44, said: 'Even kids nowadays - even newborns - can get cancer. We don't want families to go through that. We don't want to see people suffer. We need to do something about it and hopefully we will raise a whole lot of money on the day to help The Big C.'
Other prizes from the raffle also include a family photo shoot, a year's worth of Milles Cookies, a £20 Chapelfield voucher, an alarm clock, tickets for Bridewell museum and a weekly bus ticket for First Bus.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jackson hoped they would be able to raise between £200 and £300 and encouraged customers old and new to help support the event.
Raffle tickets are being sold at £1 a strip.
- 1 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 2 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 3 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 4 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
- 5 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 6 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 7 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 National tool firm opens third Norwich store
- 10 Police appeal after road in Sprowston is hit with two fires in one night
The event takes place tomorrow (Friday) from 8am to 6pm and the raffle will be drawn shortly before 6pm.
• To find out more about The Big C visit www.big-c.co.uk, ring 01603 619900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Are you doing something to raise money for charity? Contact reporter Donna-Louise Bishop on 01603 693892, email email@example.com or follow on Twitter @donnaloubishop.