Norwich coffee shop Jackson’s to host charity tea day for The Big C
- Credit: Archant
A family-run café in the heart of the city is hosting a fundraising tea day to raise vital cash for a local cancer charity.
Jackson's, at Castle Meadow, has organised a Big C charity tea day to help raise money to go towards cancer research and will be donating 25p from every cup of hot drink served on the day.
Husband and wife team, Antony and Tracey Jackson, have also organised a raffle and one of the prizes is a signed copy of TV star Amanda Holden's autobiography, which she donated herself.
Co-owner, Mr Jackson, 44, said: 'Even kids nowadays - even newborns - can get cancer. We don't want families to go through that. We don't want to see people suffer. We need to do something about it and hopefully we will raise a whole lot of money on the day to help The Big C.'
Other prizes from the raffle also include a family photo shoot, a year's worth of Milles Cookies, a £20 Chapelfield voucher, an alarm clock, tickets for Bridewell museum and a weekly bus ticket for First Bus.
Mr Jackson hoped they would be able to raise between £200 and £300 and encouraged customers old and new to help support the event.
Raffle tickets are being sold at £1 a strip.
- 1 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 2 Busy Norwich city centre road closed due to accident
- 3 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 4 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 'I was a bit gutted' - What change of crest means for Norwich City tattoo fans
- 7 Couple's horror at 'mindless vandalism' as Christmas lights torn down
- 8 Man who founded Norwich vet hospital retiring after 33 years
- 9 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 10 Charity worker risks losing THOUSANDS due to ongoing moving delays
The event takes place tomorrow (Friday) from 8am to 6pm and the raffle will be drawn shortly before 6pm.
• To find out more about The Big C visit www.big-c.co.uk, ring 01603 619900 or email email@example.com.
• Are you doing something to raise money for charity? Contact reporter Donna-Louise Bishop on 01603 693892, email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow on Twitter @donnaloubishop.