Norwich coffee shop Jackson’s to host charity tea day for The Big C
- Credit: Archant
A family-run café in the heart of the city is hosting a fundraising tea day to raise vital cash for a local cancer charity.
Jackson's, at Castle Meadow, has organised a Big C charity tea day to help raise money to go towards cancer research and will be donating 25p from every cup of hot drink served on the day.
Husband and wife team, Antony and Tracey Jackson, have also organised a raffle and one of the prizes is a signed copy of TV star Amanda Holden's autobiography, which she donated herself.
Co-owner, Mr Jackson, 44, said: 'Even kids nowadays - even newborns - can get cancer. We don't want families to go through that. We don't want to see people suffer. We need to do something about it and hopefully we will raise a whole lot of money on the day to help The Big C.'
Other prizes from the raffle also include a family photo shoot, a year's worth of Milles Cookies, a £20 Chapelfield voucher, an alarm clock, tickets for Bridewell museum and a weekly bus ticket for First Bus.
Mr Jackson hoped they would be able to raise between £200 and £300 and encouraged customers old and new to help support the event.
Raffle tickets are being sold at £1 a strip.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 3 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 4 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 7 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 8 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
- 9 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
- 10 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
The event takes place tomorrow (Friday) from 8am to 6pm and the raffle will be drawn shortly before 6pm.
• To find out more about The Big C visit www.big-c.co.uk, ring 01603 619900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Are you doing something to raise money for charity? Contact reporter Donna-Louise Bishop on 01603 693892, email email@example.com or follow on Twitter @donnaloubishop.