Norwich Cocktail Week 2018 is cancelled
- Credit: Norwich Cocktail Week.
A week-long event celebrating cocktails in Norwich will take a break this year.
Norwich Cocktail Week has been held at venues around the city in autumn for four years.
But organisers said today they would be taking a break for their fifth event, with plans to return next year.
On their website, they said: 'Norwich Cocktail Week is a big event, run by a small team, with just two of us dealing with website, social media and marketing, as well as negotiating and speaking to bars and sponsors, as well as our regular day jobs.
'Due to some changes in circumstances, in 2018 we just don't have the time to make Norwich Cocktail Week the ultimate celebration of Norwich Cocktails that we know it can be, so instead of have this years be smaller, or less organised, we've decided to take a break for a year and come back with a bang in 2019.'
You may also want to watch:
Last year, the event ran from October 7 to 14, with a range of events and offers organised at 27 bars and venues.
People who have collected stickers for free wristbands should hold onto them for the 2019 event.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 4 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 5 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 6 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 7 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 10 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road