Norwich Cocktail Week 2018 is cancelled
- Credit: Norwich Cocktail Week.
A week-long event celebrating cocktails in Norwich will take a break this year.
Norwich Cocktail Week has been held at venues around the city in autumn for four years.
But organisers said today they would be taking a break for their fifth event, with plans to return next year.
On their website, they said: 'Norwich Cocktail Week is a big event, run by a small team, with just two of us dealing with website, social media and marketing, as well as negotiating and speaking to bars and sponsors, as well as our regular day jobs.
'Due to some changes in circumstances, in 2018 we just don't have the time to make Norwich Cocktail Week the ultimate celebration of Norwich Cocktails that we know it can be, so instead of have this years be smaller, or less organised, we've decided to take a break for a year and come back with a bang in 2019.'
You may also want to watch:
Last year, the event ran from October 7 to 14, with a range of events and offers organised at 27 bars and venues.
People who have collected stickers for free wristbands should hold onto them for the 2019 event.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 8 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 9 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 10 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS