Supporters return to Carrow Road as live screening given go-ahead
- Credit: NEIL DIDSBURY
Supporters may be unable to attend Carrow Road to watch home games but they are offered the chance to see a live screening of an away match.
Norwich City have announced that this Saturday’s away fixture against Rotherham United will be screened live to supporters in Norwich.
The move follows permission being granted by the EFL.
Outside of the pilot event for the Preston match on September 16, when 1,000 fans were allowed in to test measures including social distancing, it will be the first time the Canaries have welcomed fans back to Carrow Road since February.
The event is being held in the Gunn Club and Top of the Terrace lounges, with tickets priced at £10 per person, including a complimentary drink.
You may also want to watch:
To comply with restrictions fans will be seated at their own private table with socially distanced seating with a maximum of six people per booking.
Face masks will be required, but can be removed once fans are seated at their table. People will also be temperature checked on arrival.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 6 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
A one-way system will also be in operation around the venue.
Tickets have already gone on sale.
Announcing the move, the club said: “Owing to the late confirmation by the EFL of the event, we are unable to offer a priority window on purchasing tickets. The club will introduce a priority sales window for any future live screening events.”