Norwich City Hall clock breaks down again
Mary HamiltonOne of Norwich's landmark buildings looks to be stuck in a time warp again.Mary Hamilton
One of Norwich's landmark buildings looks to be stuck in a time warp again.
The beleaguered clock atop city hall has stopped working for the second time in two months - though it continues to chime the hours as normal.
A city council spokesman said: 'We are investigating and working on solving the problem to get the clock going again as soon as we can.'
The new problem could be related to earlier issues at the New Year, when the clock stopped completely for a short time.
You may also want to watch:
'We think that was because it was so cold,' said the spokesman. 'We think the mechanism just froze completely. It started again by itself.
'The clock has regular services from specialists and it is due for a service visit. We have brought this forward to ensure it gets an expert check as soon as possible.
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 5 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 6 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 7 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Man seriously injured after crash
- 10 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
'We do our best with it but because of the age of the building we like it looked at properly.'