Norwich City Hall clock breaks down again
Mary HamiltonOne of Norwich's landmark buildings looks to be stuck in a time warp again.Mary Hamilton
One of Norwich's landmark buildings looks to be stuck in a time warp again.
The beleaguered clock atop city hall has stopped working for the second time in two months - though it continues to chime the hours as normal.
A city council spokesman said: 'We are investigating and working on solving the problem to get the clock going again as soon as we can.'
The new problem could be related to earlier issues at the New Year, when the clock stopped completely for a short time.
You may also want to watch:
'We think that was because it was so cold,' said the spokesman. 'We think the mechanism just froze completely. It started again by itself.
'The clock has regular services from specialists and it is due for a service visit. We have brought this forward to ensure it gets an expert check as soon as possible.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 8 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 9 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 10 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
'We do our best with it but because of the age of the building we like it looked at properly.'