Norwich City Hall clock breaks down again
Mary HamiltonOne of Norwich's landmark buildings looks to be stuck in a time warp again.Mary Hamilton
One of Norwich's landmark buildings looks to be stuck in a time warp again.
The beleaguered clock atop city hall has stopped working for the second time in two months - though it continues to chime the hours as normal.
A city council spokesman said: 'We are investigating and working on solving the problem to get the clock going again as soon as we can.'
The new problem could be related to earlier issues at the New Year, when the clock stopped completely for a short time.
'We think that was because it was so cold,' said the spokesman. 'We think the mechanism just froze completely. It started again by itself.
'The clock has regular services from specialists and it is due for a service visit. We have brought this forward to ensure it gets an expert check as soon as possible.
- 1 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 2 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 3 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 4 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 5 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 6 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 7 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 8 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
'We do our best with it but because of the age of the building we like it looked at properly.'