Four Norwich city green spaces among best in UK
- Credit: Archant
Four Norwich city green spaces have won a prestigious Green Flag Award.
Eaton Park, Waterloo Park, Mousehold Heath and the University of East Anglia have been recognised among the best green spaces in the country and collected a Green Flag Award for 2021.
A record 2,127 parks and green spaces have collected this year's award following a challenging 18 months of lockdowns and disruption.
The awards are now in their 25th year, having first started in 1996.
Green Flag Award scheme manager Paul Todd said: "I would like to congratulate everyone involved in the 2,127 parks and green spaces on their achievement.
You may also want to watch:
"To meet the requirements demanded by the scheme is testament to the hard work of the staff and volunteers who do so much to ensure that their site has high standards of horticulture, safety and environmental management and is a place that supports people to live healthy lives."
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 10 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station