Two Norwich City fans under investigation over offensive gesture
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images
The actions of two Norwich City fans alleged to have performed an offensive gesture at Manchester United supporters are under investigation by police.
Footage has been circulating on social media which shows the two men apparently making reference to the Munich Air Disaster in 1958 by mimicking a plane and shouting abuse at United fans.
The club confirmed that it is aware of the incident and the matter has been referred to the police.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: "This has been reported to us by Norwich City Football Club and our enquiries, including reviewing possible CCTV footage, are ongoing."
The incident happened during the 1-0 defeat against Manchester United on Saturday evening where a late Cristiano Ronaldo penalty was enough for the away side to take all three points at Carrow Road.
The Canaries continue their fight for survival on Tuesday (December 14) as they welcome manager Dean Smith's former club Aston Villa to Norfolk.
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 6 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 7 Neighbours saw homeowner using hosepipe to fight flames of school building
- 8 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 9 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 10 How Norwich's former pubs have changed over the years