Norwich City fans can re-live the club’s greatest moments in new book charting more than 100 years of Canaries history
Norwich City fans will be able to relive more than a century of Canaries' history in a new book being released this summer.
For 110 years, the Norwich Evening News and its sister papers, including the EDP, have been reporting on the exploits of the Canaries.
But now, for the first time, City fans will be able to recapture the excitement of the great matches, the cup runs, the local derbies, the promotion celebrations and much more told through the words and pictures of the time.
Produced by Norwich Evening News publisher Archant, Norwich City History As It Happened, which is available from next month, will feature games of the 1958-59 cup run, the 1985 Milk Cup triumph, every game of the 1993 European Uefa Cup adventure – including the momentous win over Bayern Munich in Germany – and much, much more.
The book also includes highlights of this season during which manager Paul Lambert's men secured an impressive 12th place finish on their return to the Premier League following back-to-back promotions.
You may also want to watch:
The Norwich City story, from beginning until the breathtaking 3-3 draw with Arsenal at the Emirates this month, is told over more than 150 pages of archive reports, many in full colour.
Trevor Heaton, features editor at the Norwich Evening News and EDP, said: 'It's all the excitement of the original reports as they happened – as the book says, this is history as it happened.
- 1 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 2 'People are fed up with roasts': Chef ditches Sunday dinner takeaways
- 3 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 6 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate
- 7 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 8 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 9 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 10 Matt Hancock video-calls Norwich surgery staff to say 'thanks'
'It's the next best thing to being there and hopefully will hold a lot of memories for fans. It's unique.'
It costs �25 and is not available in shops. To subscribe, or to find out more, log on to www.subscriptionsave.co.uk/ncfc
Orders will be dispatched from Monday, June 11.