Norwich City fans can re-live the club’s greatest moments in new book charting more than 100 years of Canaries history
Norwich City fans will be able to relive more than a century of Canaries' history in a new book being released this summer.
For 110 years, the Norwich Evening News and its sister papers, including the EDP, have been reporting on the exploits of the Canaries.
But now, for the first time, City fans will be able to recapture the excitement of the great matches, the cup runs, the local derbies, the promotion celebrations and much more told through the words and pictures of the time.
Produced by Norwich Evening News publisher Archant, Norwich City History As It Happened, which is available from next month, will feature games of the 1958-59 cup run, the 1985 Milk Cup triumph, every game of the 1993 European Uefa Cup adventure – including the momentous win over Bayern Munich in Germany – and much, much more.
The book also includes highlights of this season during which manager Paul Lambert's men secured an impressive 12th place finish on their return to the Premier League following back-to-back promotions.
You may also want to watch:
The Norwich City story, from beginning until the breathtaking 3-3 draw with Arsenal at the Emirates this month, is told over more than 150 pages of archive reports, many in full colour.
Trevor Heaton, features editor at the Norwich Evening News and EDP, said: 'It's all the excitement of the original reports as they happened – as the book says, this is history as it happened.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
'It's the next best thing to being there and hopefully will hold a lot of memories for fans. It's unique.'
It costs �25 and is not available in shops. To subscribe, or to find out more, log on to www.subscriptionsave.co.uk/ncfc
Orders will be dispatched from Monday, June 11.