Norwich City captain clamped at Carrow Road
Norwich City captain Grant Holt had a surprise at Carrow Road this morning when he found his car had been clamped.
The star striker revealed on Twitter that his car had been clamped just hours after being a part of the side that had lost to Tottenham Hotspur.
Just after 11am Holt tweeted: 'Just came to pick up the car and been clamped at carrow road(sic) what is going on. Not very happy.'
His tweet, which went out to his 8,903 followers, was picked up by Norwich fans with many quick to comment.
Among them was James Finbow who said: 'if anyone is 'unclampable' in Norwich it should be you Holty!!'
You may also want to watch:
Fellow season ticket holder James Barnes suggested that there might even be a new chant for the fans to sing at Carrow Road this Saturday when the Canaries take on Fulham.
He said: 'We clamped our captain, we're norwich city we clamped our captain. Listen for it on sat (sic)'.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 4 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 5 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 6 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 7 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 10 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
It also created another addition to the cult of tweeting so called Grant Holt facts - usually a superhuman achievement that it is claimed the Norwich striker can do.
Captain Pugwalsh tweeted: 'Grant Holt stares at clamp, clamp falls apart. #grantholtfacts'.
However, the problem was resolved as just four minutes later Holt posted another message which said: 'All sorted it's off just before the rain. No charge thank god.'