Date revealed for Norwich Christmas lights switch on
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The date for the annual Christmas lights switch on in Norwich has been revealed.
Crowds will gather outside City Hall on Thursday November 15 to watch the moment Norwich is illuminated for the festive period.
Father Christmas will be one of the special guests but it has not yet been confirmed who will be tasked with turning on the lights. Former Anglia Television presenter Helen Mcdermott was given the role last year and Ed Balls showed off his Gangnam Style dance moves as he flicked the switch in 2016.
But it has been confirmed that Norwich's famous 'Tunnel of Light' will return this year. The stretch of lights will snake from The Forum to Gentleman's Walk during the Christmas period.
There will also be a traditional Christmas market erected on Millennium Plain from Friday, December 7 to Sunday, December 23.
You may also want to watch:
The Savoir Fayre's Traditional Norwich Christmas Market is set to consist of 40 stalls selling festive wares, with traditional Glühwein available to keep shoppers warm.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 7 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 8 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week