Date revealed for Norwich Christmas lights switch on
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The date for the annual Christmas lights switch on in Norwich has been revealed.
Crowds will gather outside City Hall on Thursday November 15 to watch the moment Norwich is illuminated for the festive period.
Father Christmas will be one of the special guests but it has not yet been confirmed who will be tasked with turning on the lights. Former Anglia Television presenter Helen Mcdermott was given the role last year and Ed Balls showed off his Gangnam Style dance moves as he flicked the switch in 2016.
But it has been confirmed that Norwich's famous 'Tunnel of Light' will return this year. The stretch of lights will snake from The Forum to Gentleman's Walk during the Christmas period.
There will also be a traditional Christmas market erected on Millennium Plain from Friday, December 7 to Sunday, December 23.
The Savoir Fayre's Traditional Norwich Christmas Market is set to consist of 40 stalls selling festive wares, with traditional Glühwein available to keep shoppers warm.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 £3.1m roadworks on new bus lane and crossings could last for ONE YEAR
- 3 Could ANOTHER McDonald's be coming to Norwich?
- 4 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 5 Busy road to partially close for line repainting at end of new bus lane
- 6 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 7 Seven-bed Edwardian home with heated swimming pool for sale
- 8 See inside this Tudor townhouse for sale for £325,000
- 9 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 10 Jailed in Norfolk: Flytippers and paedophiles