Norwich chocolatier makes bid for ‘healthy snacks’ market
- Credit: Keiron Tovell
A Norwich-based chocolate maker is doing its bit to improve the nation's diets with a range of 'healthy' chocolate bars.
Gnaw Chocolate, based in Norwich, has launched a new range of chocolate and cereal bars made with seeds, fruits, nuts and granola.
Producing the new bars required a significant investment at the Gnaw factory on the Livestock Market to buy a new packing machine.
Gnaw co-founder Matt Legon said the new products had been received well by both customers and retailers.
'People are more conscious than ever about the importance of maintaining a healthier lifestyle and parents are also increasingly mindful of the occasional treats they give their children,' he said.
The 35g bars are currently available in three flavours, two with milk and one with dark chocolate, but Gnaw plans to expand the range in the future if its popularity grows.
- 1 Busy Norwich city centre road closed due to accident
- 2 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 3 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 4 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 5 Man who founded Norwich vet hospital retiring after 33 years
- 6 Concerns raised over plans for 180 homes in suburb village
- 7 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery
- 8 Couple's horror at 'mindless vandalism' as Christmas lights torn down
- 9 'I was a bit gutted' - What change of crest means for Norwich City tattoo fans
- 10 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion